JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was at my local gun shop and perusing the rack of Henry lever guns and was impressed by the beautiful woods nearly every one had...

IMG_20190410_154330767.jpg

Not as difficult to find figure in two piece blanks for manufacturers. Harder to find it in a longer one piece blank. But it is amazing what some manufacturers (Ruger comes to mind) have put on standard grade guns over the years...

From the few rifles I have had in my very small collection compared to other brands the wood Henry uses is fairly nice especially for their price range.

I'm very happy with the stock on my New Original Henry.

New Original Henry A.jpg New Original Henry B.jpg

You say "Original Henry" - is this one in .44 Rim Fire?

Actually I said "New Original Henry" or maybe I should have said "The New Original Henry" because that's what the Henry Repeating Arms calls them. No, this particular one is in 45 so I actually get a chance to fire it.

There are two grades of wood that Henry uses if I'm not mistaken.

The OP shows the common wood used, they have a premium that's even better looking.

The two I own have common. The reason we get oogly-eyed about their stocks is because of all the cheap dyed birch that everyone else uses.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top