Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Beautiful wood on the Henry's...

I concur. I have one of the single shot rifles in 223/5.56. The fit and finish on the stock is excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions
Not as difficult to find figure in two piece blanks for manufacturers. Harder to find it in a longer one piece blank. But it is amazing what some manufacturers (Ruger comes to mind) have put on standard grade guns over the years...

Reactions
From the few rifles I have had in my very small collection compared to other brands the wood Henry uses is fairly nice especially for their price range.

I'm very happy with the stock on my New Original Henry.

New Original Henry A.jpg New Original Henry B.jpg

Reactions
You say "Original Henry" - is this one in .44 Rim Fire?
Actually I said "New Original Henry" or maybe I should have said "The New Original Henry" because that's what the Henry Repeating Arms calls them. No, this particular one is in 45 so I actually get a chance to fire it.

Reactions: KKG

Reno

Reactions
Yep. Some gorgeous wood! Someone will likely quote that wrongly!

Dyjital

Reactions
There are two grades of wood that Henry uses if I’m not mistaken.

The OP shows the common wood used, they have a premium that’s even better looking.

The two I own have common. The reason we get oogly-eyed about their stocks is because of all the cheap dyed birch that everyone else uses.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online