JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm selling my Colt Army Special 38 manufactured in 1919. I don't think it was shot much before I bought it on my C&R license. There is a little wear on the tip of the barrel. a couple of tiny shiny spots in front of the trigger guard on the corners. No rust anywhere. The bore is clean and shiny. Everything is original There are three hairline cracks on the bottom of the the grips which are nothing serious and are only visible from the bottom. This is common with the original grips. Identical after market grips are inexpensive. I would only use them to preserve the originals. It doesn't look like it was carried in a holster. There is no holster wear on the cylinder or even a ring. I would say the bluing is 90 to 95 %. I have shot 38 speclial 258 grain lrf and 125 g lrf and it is accurate with both. It's a great shooter or collector gun. I have read that the action is the same as the Python. The name was changed in 1928 to Official Police 38 Special and it was the standard cop gun until the 70's. I just got a good deal on a S&W 586 357 and don't need both. $650. I am in Klamath Falls or could deliver to Medford or Bend.

colt.jpg

cracks in gun butt.jpg

Last Edited:
I got so excited about my new gun I forgot to ppost the pics of the old one for a minute.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.