Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Beating Death of Kelly Thomas

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EUGENE the REALTOR, Jan 13, 2014.

1. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I can't believe those cops were acquitted. I just watched the video of the beating and it is tough to hear his cries for his dad. I can't imagine what his father is going through. I just don't see how several cops aren't able to control one man without beating him to death. The lack of training/education on the mentally ill is sickening as well.

RicInOR and (deleted member) like this.
  2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Pretty sad....

it makes you wonder how the country, media and justice system would have responded had he been non-Caucasian.

3. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Otto Zehm

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Was the jury made up of retired cops?

5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I hope the father takes his revenge on those pigs. Necklacing sounds appropriate.

6. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

7. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The police are not trained enough in dealing with Dogs and those with mental issues.

I don't say mental illness, because other medical conditions can manifest as a mental issue - diabetic problems for example.

The police have time on their side; why does seem that in these cases they are impatient? Control the scene - diffuse the situation.

We are getting to election season, so ask your mayor candidates, city & county council members, sheriff candidates about the training they get for the officers and what they are going to do to prevent tragedies like this one.