JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am pro LEO, that being said this Baltimore situation does seem sketchy...the guy seemed pretty messed up as they lead, more like drug him to the paddy wagon. Am no Dr. But it wouldn't surprise me that a knee pressed into the back below or even with the shoulders blades either by accident, adrenaline or on purpose could damage the spinal cord of a prone perp. Definitely should be investigated by an outside agency.

Brutus out
Ditto that. With the injuries I figured the "perp" would be frail and or old. His picture though looks like it'd be pretty hard even for a professional death match fighter to mess his neck up the way it was.
I really didn't research this but saw his? bike right by that little sub-wall/planter thing. A takedown onto that could/would do some serious damage.

Am pro LEO, that being said this Baltimore situation does seem sketchy...the guy seemed pretty messed up as they lead, more like drug him to the paddy wagon. Am no Dr. But it wouldn't surprise me that a knee pressed into the back below or even with the shoulders blades either by accident, adrenaline or on purpose could damage the spinal cord of a prone perp. Definitely should be investigated by an outside agency.

Brutus out

Knee on the back is common placement for restraining non-compliant subjects...knee goes diagnally across the back from either shoulder to the middle or from the kidney area to the middle (depending on what side and angle you come at). This technique does not cause injury- unless the subject already has a medical condition (broken rib, internal injury, spinal damage, etc.).

From my research, this is what actually happened...

Cops patrolling the city...make eye contact with Freddie and he bolts...cops chase him, tackle him, cuff him, stuff him in the wagon, he begs for medical, collapses in the back of the wagon, goes into a coma, dies a week later.

Where I have an issue is them claiming no force was used...but you clearly see them carry Freddie to the van.

This is black and white...either they had to use force to walk Freddie to the van (carrying him is force if he can physically walk, but refuses to do so) or he couldn't walk and they had to physically lift him due to his physical condition or injury...so claiming that it's not force means they knew he couldn't walk. Get where I'm starting to have an issue with this so far? Also the takedown is force...any way to get him on the ground (tripping him, tackling him, spraying, TASERing) is force. Period. Unless he just fell to the ground, I can garantee you that force was used.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top