JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't served but I can't imagine that anyone who has and who has used a rifle long enough to naturally procure a "battleworn" style wouldn't jump at the opportunity for a brand new, hot outta the packing grease weapon.

Seems to me that only LARPers want it, and it's only ever a style, not something real. Hell, I have a battleworn style set for a future build...set to look like a Star Wars blaster...so, yep, LARPing ;)

I served in the Corps during the transition from A2 to A4 service platforms....I was not happy my rifle and irons got taken from me and replaced with a heavy bulky Acog and quad rail.

The most annoying thing about it was having to relearn and re-zero the rifle...not to mention having to replace the Acog in exactly the right spot otherwise your changing your zero again.

That said, I CANT STAND THESE IDIOTS THAT DONT MAINTAIN THEIR WEAPONS!!! It is disgusting and serves zero practical purpose. Under exactly zero conditions should you find yourself being forced to send 1000 rounds down range without ample time to clean your weapon (at least rudimentary cleaning)

I equate "battle wore cericoat" with those fake bullet holes the wanna-beez gangsta mo'fo's used to put on their hoopie cars. Offer to put real holes in the cars and they don't want that, oh nooo.

I just don't really care what anyone thinks of how I maintain my guns. Just like what happens in my garage, it's nobody's business but my own. You do what you want with your toys, I will do what I want with mine. I do not care what you do with yours, and you shouldn't be concerned with what I do with mine. None of you are my mommy and you don't get to tell me what I can, or can't, do with my property. So, mind your own business and I will mind mine. Where's my dremel......

I keep most of my guns pretty clean, except anything Glock.
Glocks I'm lazy about cleaning, unless I'm making a trade or sale in which case it gets cleaned up pretty good.
I'm partly trying see how long it can go without cleaning and function fine,so far none of the Glocks I have owned have ever failed, but then again nothing else I've owned has either.(I'll take that as a blessing)

In the Music World we call that 'Relicing'.

It is for posers that want to look like they have put tons of time in to look legit.

A small subset of Relic players really do have specific reasons for wanting the look, as certain small specifications are often part of the treatment. And originally Pros had it done to mimic their cherished, collectable guitars that they no longer wanted to subject to the risk of damage or theft on the road.

But to me it looks like pre-faded holey jeans.

I've never understood the "battle worn" thing at all. It is one thing that a firearm, even a well kept one, ages over time and with use. But to deliberately expend time and money on such a finish simply does not compute

Totally agree. Maybe it's like the distressed clothing fad (which probably isn't a fad any more because it's been popular for decades). Maybe it's age related. I don't see many old dudes like me walking around in new (distressed) jeans. I don't see many old dudes like me with intentionally grimy guns.

(My apologies to you "young" dudes.)
distressed skinny jeans.jpg
(These are CURRENTLY for sale online. It's a real thing. :confused:)

I clean firearms after every shooting session. If events prevent me from doing it that day or evening, it nags at me until it gets done.

Same for me - guns gotta be cleaned after the range. Must be some type of inherited genetic trait, like needing the toilet paper to come of the top of the roll versus down the back.

I've never understood the "battle worn" thing at all. It is one thing that a firearm, even a well kept one, ages over time and with use. But to deliberately expend time and money on such a finish simply does not compute.
I mean, my guns I buy used from time to time. Any wear on the finish I just leave. Same for stocks.

All guns see same maintenance.

Totally agree. Maybe it's like the distressed clothing fad (which probably isn't a fad any more because it's been popular for decades). Maybe it's age related. I don't see many old dudes like me walking around in new (distressed) jeans. I don't see many old dudes like me with intentionally grimy guns.

(My apologies to you "young" dudes.)
View attachment 771615
(These are CURRENTLY for sale online. It's a real thing. :confused:)

Same for me - guns gotta be cleaned after the range. Must be some type of inherited genetic trait, like needing the toilet paper to come of the top of the roll versus down the back.
My cargo pants have rips from work. And exist in perpetual state of rust stains from my chains and chain binders. I spend $15 on pants then make money at work to get my distressed look. Then laugh at people who spend $200 on jeans.

Take a look at society in general. Some of the following is fashion. Some is fatal. $200 pre-ripped jeans. Fluorescent hair. Total body piercings. Tats of the week. The gangsta' look. Actual gangsters. Urban neo-Amish flannel hipsters. Methheads, heroin junkies, the homeless look. The actual homeless. Rat rods and now rat guns. If one does not love and take care of themselves in a well-ordered fashion, the rest naturally follows.

Some of these folks you want on the other side. Most are already there.

I've never understood the "battle worn" thing at all. It is one thing that a firearm, even a well kept one, ages over time and with use. But to deliberately expend time and money on such a finish simply does not compute.

I suppose it's one thing to fake a battle worn look, but when it's the real thing I take a different view.

psa_4171.jpg

47575087781_8b72f26ef6_b.jpg

I mean, I've had an acog. Heavy isn't what I'd call it. An elcan, however, is heavy. If you're out of ammo, you can treat an elcan as a blunt weapon. :eek:

you are correct...I was exaggerating a bit, but I was not a fan of them.

never had the "pleasure" of using the Eclan that definitely looks worse dang.

Same story, one is a chick though, would you hit it if she just barfed up chili dogs, pickled eggs, but was still farting the remainder out with a charge of IPA induced gas? So even if we were gay, it wasn't a sexy moment!

Agree to disagree.

:p

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews