JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My daily driver truck (a 4 door F 450 flatbed 4x4) weights just over 10,000 pounds unloaded. Its amazing how many little shintz think when I going 80 down the freeway that they can cut in front of me and slam on the brakes to make an exit and not realize they just created a minor emergency for me which required dynamiting the brakes. I have had several when was loaded, sometimes at more than the 26K I am licensed for, where I came insanely close to piling up my rig into the back of a little Honda who only saw there was a space "just" big enough for them to squeeze into. I had one turd weezel who after he cut me off and I had to lock up the brakes and make a controlled skid around him with a serious load flipped out and started screaming at me waving his middle finger.... Like I somehow decided to rear-end him just because...

I find most drivers to be lost, drifting around in their own head with little attachment to the world around them.
A lot of professional scumbags purposely get rear ended by highly insured big rigs in their loaded up clown cars. Some do die but they do it.. it's big business.

I didn't read all the post so.....

Holy cow! If I'm reading the OP correctly, this person is happy, proud, and admitting, that he is one of those people that contributes to the horrible traffic here in Oregon? I really thought most of the folks that did that were just really stupid, ignorant, self absorbed, terrible drivers. It's crushing to read that people do it on purpose! (snip) That's all, got to stay within the AUP.

I find that keeping a safe stopping distance in front of me drives a lot of people nuts.
I'm traveling at the same speed as everyone else, but choose to have that extra bit of stopping distance, because inevitably I will have to slam on my brakes at some point because of some lane switching tailgater up ahead causing problems.

It is a loosing battle to keep that safe space in front of you, too many people look at it as an open parking space in a parking lot close to the store. It drives me bonkers when some thoughtless ahole invades my space!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Left-lane slowpokes face tougher time under new Illinois law
January 04, 2004|By Rick Popely, Tribune staff reporter.

Drivers who think they own the left lane on expressways and interstate highways will have to move over for faster traffic or risk a $75 fine under a new Illinois law that took effect Jan. 1.

The law, one of several new measures affecting Illinois drivers, states that the left lane should not be used "except when overtaking and passing another vehicle" (this sentence as published has been corrected in this text).

State Rep. John Millner (R-Carol Stream), who introduced the legislation in the General Assembly, says the law is designed to get slowpokes out of the left lane, where they block faster traffic and encourage other drivers to tailgate and pass on the right.

"So many accidents are due to people staying in the left lane and blocking traffic. That leads to road rage and people whipping around them to pass on the right," said Millner, a former Elmhurst police chief.

Highway signs have advised motorists for decades to stay right except to pass, but Millner says too many drivers ignore the warning and disrupt traffic flow.

Some drivers set their cruise control at 55 m.p.h. and try to enforce the speed limit by staying in the left lane. Millner says that creates a ripple effect, forcing other drivers to hit the brakes and change lanes.

"It's not their job to enforce the law," he said. "Their speedometer might say they're doing 55 m.p.h., but how do they know? They may actually be going slower."

Master Sgt. Rick Hector, an Illinois State Police spokesman, says the law could curb some of the anger on expressways caused by slow drivers hogging the left lane.

"For years in our defensive driving course we've been teaching that the left lane should only be used for passing," Hector said. "If you go out driving, it's easy to tell when there is someone who gets out there [in the left lane] and just doesn't move over. The intent of this law is to prevent the road rage incidents that happen as a result of that."

The law doesn't apply when there isn't another vehicle directly behind one in the left lane, when traffic is congested, inclement weather makes it necessary to ride in the left lane, an exit is on the left side of the road or at tollway plazas and in construction zones.

"The bottom line is that you can drive in the left lane all day long until somebody wants to pass you. Then you have to move over," Millner said.

He dismisses suggestions that the new law will encourage speeding.

"People are speeding already, and they'll keep speeding, and police will continue issuing tickets to speeders," he said. "If they're blocking traffic, this will encourage them to use a little courtesy and common sense."

He dismisses suggestions that the new law will encourage speeding.

"People are speeding already, and they'll keep speeding, and police will continue issuing tickets to speeders," he said. "If they're blocking traffic, this will encourage them to use a little courtesy and common sense."

Good Lawdy, it's already against the law to stay in the left lane now they need to come out with another law telling people "the exact same thing"....WTH, this sounds exactly like what the anti-gun zealots are doing, there's already laws against killing people. Now they're coming down with laws saying that you can't kill people with a certain type of scary looking evil black gun!!!! WTH!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

in a 70 zone.

Not in Oregon ... where is there anything faster than 65 in OR? (not saying people don't drive that fast, just asking about posted speeds.)

I agree with the OP - the WHOLE road is one speed. The Left lane is not "Special"

But, what are you doing to get stopped 3 times ?! There are like 3 state troopers - are you like seeing a cop and then doing this?

There are far more driving things that will piss me off. IE I am going posted limit and keeping speed safe distance, staying right, and Special Snowflakes going over the speed limit in the center lane (2 or 3) diving in front of me with out keeping the distances. If I have to break then they have committed an infraction - Forcing another to yield. On a 3 lane near a ramp,be in center lane to go thru, right lane all exiting/entering, left lane dude just all of a sudden needs to dive thru all that traffic.
Go foot on floor on straights, then can't go as quick as those little yellow suggested speed signs in the curves.
Bicycles taking the whole lane.
Hooning ( stunts, racing etc)
Slowing approaching an intersections, I may need that turn lane ... knock off the "hyper-mileing"
Pulling out in front of me and not doing the speed limit. If you pull out, use the loud pedal and go the posted limit. I am not asking you to speed. Especially when I check mirrors and no one behind.

It's legal for motorbikes to lane-split in CA.
Last I read it is Not Illegal. They have not yet passed the rules to make it legal. That is a fine difference I know - and many bikes split. I am not sure when the date the state gave them self as a deadline - it might be 1 Jan 18.
www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/about/lane_splitting
"California law does not allow or prohibit motorcycles from passing other vehicles proceeding in the same direction within the same lane, a practice often called "lane splitting," "lane sharing" or "filtering." "

I am not sure I like the idea of splitting over certain speeds - ie if the bike is over 30 mph, then no splitting. Below that then OK. And if the difference is more than 15 mph. IE in stop traffic the bike can go 15. In slowly rolling traffic the bike can go 15 over. 15 seems to be the 'danger' point in reactions.
I am in favor of Filtering. That is at red lights the bikes can move up. Being "tail end Charlie" at a red light is not confidence inspiring.

What happens when a bike scrapes your mirror or paint? You are stuck with an uninsured motorist claim?

And then there are these guys - notice anything?
lF8XsiIiR_wkHYIkuUpnYkFJ8n54cOCkVQU6TXsB_K7xyZTkajJGnZCjdx7Tb-S_BEZCiGNe9vNTfXHN6H8=w657-h875-no.jpg

A lot of professional scumbags purposely get rear ended by highly insured big rigs in their loaded up clown cars. Some do die but they do it.. it's big business.
i'll tell you right now, that's a bad way to make a living. You could die or kill someone easier much easier than getting rich. I've been rearended by a loaded logtruck, but it was definitely not on purpose, and it although they are highly insured, I lost 6 valuable years to the whole thing and when insurance finally paid it was a lot less than I would have made had I continued to work...and I have permanent damage to my brain and spine to contend with. no amount of money is worth that!
Of course I had a good job, and wanted to work... unlike your typical insurance scammer. people do stupid stuff for money.

Part of the driving test should be in a big truck, so everybody understands how difficult they are to maneuver.

i'll tell you right now, that's a bad way to make a living..
Same with a lot of things.
There's been a lot of investigative reporting of these rear-end rings, colluding with doctors for insurance payouts.
You're preaching to the choir here and good luck trying to talk some common sense into the dim bulbs of the world.

Not in Oregon ... where is there anything faster than 65 in OR? (not saying people don't drive that fast, just asking about posted speeds.)

I agree with the OP - the WHOLE road is one speed. The Left lane is not "Special"

But, what are you doing to get stopped 3 times ?! There are like 3 state troopers - are you like seeing a cop and then doing this?

There are far more driving things that will piss me off. IE I am going posted limit and keeping speed safe distance, staying right, and Special Snowflakes going over the speed limit in the center lane (2 or 3) diving in front of me with out keeping the distances. If I have to break then they have committed an infraction - Forcing another to yield. On a 3 lane near a ramp,be in center lane to go thru, right lane all exiting/entering, left lane dude just all of a sudden needs to dive thru all that traffic.
Go foot on floor on straights, then can't go as quick as those little yellow suggested speed signs in the curves.
Bicycles taking the whole lane.
Hooning ( stunts, racing etc)
Slowing approaching an intersections, I may need that turn lane ... knock off the "hyper-mileing"
Pulling out in front of me and not doing the speed limit. If you pull out, use the loud pedal and go the posted limit. I am not asking you to speed. Especially when I check mirrors and no one behind.

Last I read it is Not Illegal. They have not yet passed the rules to make it legal. That is a fine difference I know - and many bikes split. I am not sure when the date the state gave them self as a deadline - it might be 1 Jan 18.
www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/about/lane_splitting
"California law does not allow or prohibit motorcycles from passing other vehicles proceeding in the same direction within the same lane, a practice often called "lane splitting," "lane sharing" or "filtering." "

I am not sure I like the idea of splitting over certain speeds - ie if the bike is over 30 mph, then no splitting. Below that then OK. And if the difference is more than 15 mph. IE in stop traffic the bike can go 15. In slowly rolling traffic the bike can go 15 over. 15 seems to be the 'danger' point in reactions.
I am in favor of Filtering. That is at red lights the bikes can move up. Being "tail end Charlie" at a red light is not confidence inspiring.

What happens when a bike scrapes your mirror or paint? You are stuck with an uninsured motorist claim?

And then there are these guys - notice anything?
View attachment 411518

east on i-84 it changes to 70mph

edit:i just read the post above mine. woops.

Kudos man! Enjoy the win.

Nay sayers and the folks with sand in their wizard sleeves because they think they own the far left lane all because they want to play Ricky Bobby while getting around can piss right off.

Aside from that, I love when civilians beat the establishment at their own game.

When I was dating my wife 20 years ago, and lived near Sacramento, she lived in Eugene. 490 miles in 7 hours each way every weekend, counting gas stops, etc. It was pretty much wide open between Weed and Yreka in the wee hours of the morning. Left lane bandits be damned.
vette.jpg

The problem is this guy says he's doing the speed limit and but everyone else is moving a little bit faster the cop says he is blocking traffic gives him a ticket and the judge throws it out .I deal with this all day long . even though in a 18 wheeler we are not allowed to drive in the left lane on a three lane hwy .but you get clowns like this and other drivers lined up across the hwy leaving no way for people to pass LOL SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD JUST START GRABBING GEAR'S AND MOVE THEM BY FORCE HEHEHE

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top