JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saw this on CA freeways- traffic slows, stops, bike split traffic and a couple use the center divider $100 lane. Some driver pull over to block it. got me to thinking about the blocked driver---emergency DR on way to save a life, lawyer on way to court to save his client, medical emergency etc. You can't know the actual results of your vigilante action and you should not be interfering and policing the roads.
It's legal for motorbikes to lane-split in CA.

Im having the laugh of my life!! Should have seen the look on the cops face!

Got a ticket for going 65 mph in the left lane on the freeway when the MAXIMUM speed limit was 65. Long story short, cop said I was hogging the left lane and impeding traffic.

I told him straight up that if I go over the speed limit you will fine me, so at what speed should I be driving at? He was dumbfounded and speechless. I even told him I have a dash camera that will prove everything and I will win my case. He still gave me a ticket.

Went to court today and showed the judge the clip of my dash cam and immediately won my case. This is my third win in the past 2 years. Dash cam saves my @ss everytime.

Now before you call me a left lane hogger, let me tell you something. That only applies if I am going BELOW the speed limit. If the speed is 65, then you go 65. The clowns in this state drive half the speed limit in the city, hell, they even stop when the light turns green, but once they get on the freeway they drive like a bunch of lunatics. I really think the government puts a mind control device on the freeway ramp. It's like a switch that turns on and off when these idiots enter or exit the freeway.

Gawd people like you are part of the problem not part of the solution.

Based on your OP and then responses I deem you to most likely to be senile or sub average IQ so I'm going to save other times that will waste my time and just hit the ignore button.

Enjoy your retiremento_O

Gawd people like you are part of the problem not part of the solution.

Based on your OP and then responses I deem you to most likely to be senile or sub average IQ so I'm going to save other times that will waste my time and just hit the ignore button.

Enjoy your retiremento_O

Joe, this might help:

-please stop feeding it-

4CBE910A-B0D7-4B47-9823-D2DD28644869.jpeg

Driving a lot to visit family in various cities, I can't count the times in a typical week/month that I see stubborn players like OP knowingly jamming up the passing lane.

This only serves to aggravate the "ultra-speeder" who lunges from lane to lane (never looking over a shoulder) to tailgate, cut others off, flash headlights, yell in an empty car, flail hands, etc., often on the phone (perhaps for a legit emergency - probably not - but I should assume nothing). I move over and let them take their problems down the road, happy to let a high-speed "sweeper" engage any radar traps waiting ahead.

I'm willing to bet there are some strangea$$ underlying personality traits motivating the Self-Appointed Passing Lane Governor, too. While it's far beyond my paygrade to diagnose the passive aggressive quirks that make people annoying on the road - and off - suffice it to say I never enjoyed working around pantloads like that.

OP's behavior, and that of agitated speeders trying to force their vehicles around him, create a volatile combination. I steer clear of both trying to avoid all forms of willfully stubborn and selfish behavior on the highway.

Last Edited:
I find that keeping a safe stopping distance in front of me drives a lot of people nuts.
I'm traveling at the same speed as everyone else, but choose to have that extra bit of stopping distance, because inevitably I will have to slam on my brakes at some point because of some lane switching tailgater up ahead causing problems.

Im having the laugh of my life!! Should have seen the look on the cops face!

Got a ticket for going 65 mph in the left lane on the freeway when the MAXIMUM speed limit was 65. Long story short, cop said I was hogging the left lane and impeding traffic.

I told him straight up that if I go over the speed limit you will fine me, so at what speed should I be driving at? He was dumbfounded and speechless. I even told him I have a dash camera that will prove everything and I will win my case. He still gave me a ticket.

Went to court today and showed the judge the clip of my dash cam and immediately won my case. This is my third win in the past 2 years. Dash cam saves my @ss everytime.

Now before you call me a left lane hogger, let me tell you something. That only applies if I am going BELOW the speed limit. If the speed is 65, then you go 65. The clowns in this state drive half the speed limit in the city, hell, they even stop when the light turns green, but once they get on the freeway they drive like a bunch of lunatics. I really think the government puts a mind control device on the freeway ramp. It's like a switch that turns on and off when these idiots enter or exit the freeway.

Curious to know just which state you passed the driving test in? Does it start with Califor......?
And judging by your actions I find it hard to believe that you are retired...:rolleyes:

There's a special place for Trolls as well.

-please stop feeding it-

Found the pancake bunny pic:

View attachment 411289
The troll just gave us a thread to vent on a subject that hits a nerve for a lot of us... and put himself up as a target for said venting.
..:s0030:
As most of us know, the responsibillity to maintain a cool head when out and about is much greater as a responsible CPL holder, so we end up holding in the rage and resorting to hollywood meditation techniques to calm down....
8DCA15CC-D051-4258-B0A4-D98B0CC31654-2671-000003AB9093F36D_tmp.jpg
Thanks troll!

I am trying to figure out why we even have laws if everybody is advocating to ignore them. You cannot have selective enforcement. Either it is or it isn't. Back when I used to drive fast I traveled mostly in the right lane as it was the least crowded. I would just switch lanes to pass and probably spent less than 5-10% in the left or middle lane. Just to give an example I left Seaside at 4:00pm and was at 39th & Tillamook in Portland at 4:55pm;. And Portland to Lincoln City in 1hr 5min. Last time I drove it was a 2 1\2hr drive. I never got a speeding ticket or moving violation in over 50 years of driving. I would never complain if someone was driving the speed limit and i felt like going faster, just go around them and continue on your way.

I find that keeping a safe stopping distance in front of me drives a lot of people nuts.
I'm traveling at the same speed as everyone else, but choose to have that extra bit of stopping distance, because inevitably I will have to slam on my brakes at some point because of some lane switching tailgater up ahead causing problems.

My daily driver truck (a 4 door F 450 flatbed 4x4) weights just over 10,000 pounds unloaded. Its amazing how many little shintz think when I going 80 down the freeway that they can cut in front of me and slam on the brakes to make an exit and not realize they just created a minor emergency for me which required dynamiting the brakes. I have had several when was loaded, sometimes at more than the 26K I am licensed for, where I came insanely close to piling up my rig into the back of a little Honda who only saw there was a space "just" big enough for them to squeeze into. I had one turd weezel who after he cut me off and I had to lock up the brakes and make a controlled skid around him with a serious load flipped out and started screaming at me waving his middle finger.... Like I somehow decided to rear-end him just because...

I find most drivers to be lost, drifting around in their own head with little attachment to the world around them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top