JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You sure showed "the man"!

Now, if you'd like some advice: don't do that anymore.

If you don't want advice: go ahead and keep doing that.

In the first piece of advice you'll end up with more time to do things which you enjoy.

In the second piece of advice, you may or may not end up with less time to do things which you enjoy.

Of course, unless you enjoy being the freeway speed limiter.

That would be odd behavior, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Some folk speed, knowingly so in a safe manner. It really isn't up to me to intentionally impede them. If they are driving wreck less, then a simple call in to OSP is all.

i beat a 92 in a 25 once. showed up for court, officer forgot to send in the ticket. DISMISSED! so i guess i didnt beat the ticket, technically.

what would you all say if i drank until exactly .079 blood alcohol and beat every dui ticket i was issued?

Last Edited:
People who insist on being the speed regulator irritate the bubblegum out of me. How do you know I don't have a family emergency to get to? Here you are being a a$$hat in the left lane. If you want to do EXACTLY the sped limit, great! There are proper lanes for that. THE LEFT LANE IS THE PASSING LANE. People in this country dont know how to drive on the highway. Spend some time in Germany and you will see the proper way to use the highway. (It's the same with the baggage claim, but that's a totally different rant). Do the speed you are comfortable with in the right lanes. If you need to pass, do so in the left and get out of the lane.

Congrats with the ticket. Please be a courteous driver to the others in the road and stop regulating the left lane.

People who insist on being the speed regulator irritate the bubblegum out of me. How do you know I don't have a family emergency to get to? Here you are being a a$$hat in the left lane. If you want to do EXACTLY the sped limit, great! There are proper lanes for that. THE LEFT LANE IS THE PASSING LANE. People in this country dont know how to drive on the highway. Spend some time in Germany and you will see the proper way to use the highway. (It's the same with the baggage claim, but that's a totally different rant). Do the speed you are comfortable with in the right lanes. If you need to pass, do so in the left and get out of the lane.

Congrats with the ticket. Please be a courteous driver to the others in the road and stop regulating the left lane.
I spent two years in Germany. If you don't get out of the left lane on the Autobahn you get bigly fined. Also, if you're going too slow and get rear ended, its your fault.
Good times, different place. But don't impede traffictraffic in the passing lane. It only proves one thing...

You are the problem. The fact you know about it and are happy about it makes it worse yet.

The law is simple. Depending on where you are it is either "Keep right except to pass" or "Slower traffic keep right"

It is against the law to travel in the left lane unless you are unable to move right

In either case you are the violator no matter what your speed. The cop was right to ticket you, the judge was wrong to dismiss it. The fact you are pompous about it just makes you a bubblegum.

Last Edited:

Saw this on CA freeways- traffic slows, stops, bike split traffic and a couple use the center divider $100 lane. Some driver pull over to block it. got me to thinking about the blocked driver---emergency DR on way to save a life, lawyer on way to court to save his client, medical emergency etc. You can't know the actual results of your vigilante action and you should not be interfering and policing the roads.

Slowing down the flow of traffic can cause accidents... It can impede emergency vehicles from getting to the scene of an accident, Make somebody late to thier kids party or ball game, babies born in back seats, and untold road rage.
On purpose to make a point? DIKKERY! the sign says "keep right except to pass"
When I was rear ended by a log truck, it took 45 minutes for my ambulance to get on scene, partly because some azzhole in a brand new beemer was "hogging" the left lane and wouldn't let the ambilence pass. He actually flipped off the ambulance driver when they finally passed him on the shoulder. He didn't beat his ticket. They found out later he was pulled over by state patrol, and hauled off in cuffs for his actions.

Im retired, so i got all the free time in the world.

You are begging to have some kook take a shot at or try to run you off the road, or if you get real lucky both. If this happens you will be totally in the "right", the one who does this too you will be totally in the wrong and committing a crime. If you get injured or worse if some loved one in your car is injured or killed will you still be proud you were "right"? You are playing a VERY dangerous little game and then bragging to all about it. Hopefully if some kook goes after you they don't wipe out some poor driver in another lane after you set them off. There is right and dead right. You are begging to end up dead right. Have fun.

Dammit...
Lured under the bridge again:s0054:
LOL, he may well be a troll but he may well be serious. It is amazing how many people I have run into in my lifetime who really do exactly what this clown is claiming he does. I have had some get real mad when I tell them they are begging for it. They will actually say they are making the roads safer by being a self appointed pace setter. If I see someone do it with me in the car I will make a point to NEVER get back in a car with them driving again.

Im retired, so i got all the free time in the world.

I am a dude in my 20's and I plan on hunting a deer with a gun in 2017.

Since you're 20 and retired, you'll have lots of practice by the time you're 70 and retired, at making sure other folks are miserable.;)

Don't let it eat you up.
image.jpg

mr-magoo-car-color-crop.jpg

Last Edited:
As others have previously stated, the far left lane on a highway/freeway is the passing lane. If you aren't passing, you need to move back over, if you are passing, once you have completed the pass you then need to move back over, unless you are traveling at such a speed that is significantly more than the other traffic which would have you being in a constant state of passing, but as a general rule, if you are going as fast as you desire to go and there is no one in front of you and people waiting behind you, you need to move over and let them pass you.

As someone who prefers to drive faster than most people are comfortable with on the freeway, I DESPISE people who sit in the passing lane while going the speed limit. If the other lanes of traffic are also going the speed limit than you have no ability to pass while going th speed limit and therefore should not be in the far left lane if you are not going to exceed the speed limit. If the other lanes of traffic are not going the speed limit than by all means get in the left lane and pass while going the speed limit like the "dangerous" man you are lol...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top