JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the comments there:
"first time I ever went bear hunting with hounds I got hooked and I would go every chance I got ,i walked miles and miles and spent many a night sleeping out in the woods with a pack of hounds snuggled up with me to keep me warm I would smell like a hound dog by the time I got home again,lol I loved it and if I diddnt get back for school the school was ok with it as long as I told them I was hunting,if I had a note that said I had been hunting I was excused as long as I would stay a exra 30 min. after school each day."

Yea not a bad video. I watched that videoonline about 3 months back. Those Plott dogs are the way to go for Bear hunting. Lots of heart and grit. We never kept a single dog around in our packs that didn't mount a bear when the gun went off lol. If they didn't get in there and get a hold of some hide when a fight was on the ground, we didn't feed 'em anymore. Can't afford to feed lazy slouchy pizz off type dogs if ya know what I mean.

We ran good solid broke dogs that were stay hard tree dogs too.
The only way those dogs would move, was if a bear bailed out of a tree after he got rested, and the chase was on again. We ran a few races where we covered 60 miles, and 12 hours time before we got a shot on one, or a good look at one.

Some of those big bear that loved to fight, would take those dogs miles and miles back and forth over the rockiest, nastiest terrain trying to wear them down, or cut the pads on thier feet up over shale rock to slow 'em down from running the bear. We gave those kind of running fighting sobs a lotttt of lead once we caught up with 'em.:rolleyes: :cool::s0006:

Yea not a bad video. I watched that videoonline about 3 months back. Those Plott dogs are the way to go for Bear hunting. Lots of heart and grit. We never kept a single dog around in our packs that didn't mount a bear when the gun went off lol. If they didn't get in there and get a hold of some hide when a fight was on the ground, we didn't feed 'em anymore. Can't afford to feed lazy slouchy pizz off type dogs if ya know what I mean.

We ran good solid broke dogs that were stay hard tree dogs too.
The only way those dogs would move, was if a bear bailed out of a tree after he got rested, and the chase was on again. We ran a few races where we covered 60 miles, and 12 hours time before we got a shot on one, or a good look at one.

Some of those big bear that loved to fight, would take those dogs miles and miles back and forth over the rockiest, nastiest terrain trying to wear them down, or cut the pads on thier feet up over shale rock to slow 'em down from running the bear. We gave those kind of running fighting sobs a lotttt of lead once we caught up with 'em.:rolleyes: :cool::s0006:
leo4.jpg leo5.jpg leo8.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads