JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These days I think a decently trimmed beard is OK in white collar world. George Zimmer, best dressed white dude out there has a beard, I guarantee it.
I have gone from a good sized mustache and goatee to a ear to ear beard but not going for Duck Dynasty look yet. Wife likes it full & trimmed and done right makes my face look better. YMMV
In my profile pic I was north of Nome gold mining so my trimmed beard rapidly got untrimmed
Brutus Out

I grow a beard every year for elk season. I used to wear one year round. I haven't been a white collar guy for a few years, but neatly trimmed, close cropped was always acceptable.

ZZ Top "trim" here.. LOL, for sure not white collar... :s0112: Jesus just left Chicago..

zz_top_pic.jpg

I stop trimming in August & will trim again in Feb or March. Wife says it makes me look old but "Hey, I am old, Jack"!!!! Plus it keeps me warm and toasty in the duck blind & the sled chasin winter steel!!!!

To each his own but would rather have ice on my beard & stache than my face, frostbite anyone???

I left white collar for blue collar. Couldn't be happier. Not the same paycheck, but life isn't all about a paycheck.

I couldn't agree more. I have four young children, so that's not cheap. But the amount of stress I carry is literally killing me. My thoughts get very bad sometimes. If you know what I mean..

I couldn't agree more. I have four young children, so that's not cheap. But the amount of stress I carry is literally killing me. My thoughts get very bad sometimes. If you know what I mean..

I keep getting bit in the arse by stuff I thought was finite with the ex since the divorce was 5 years old. One woman I never shoulda listened to. Fortunately my last and second wife is a wonderful friend and helpmate. She wants to take up the bow for prepping on top of all her great canning and food storage.
So I am looking for a good used bow for her.

Beards in the white collar world are ok, as long as they are neat. A neat shaggy is even ok. Been to a couple different fabs around the country and the management is all over the board on this. I would never go "Duck Dynasty" but I keep my a little bushy but neatly trimmed. It is the difference between considered a back woods hick and a professional. Sure it is a fine line. I used to sport a large droopy mustache and people would treat me like a outlaw biker. Now with my beard, first impressions are a lot better... even the women look at me better...(second looks are nice)

It really depends. I work in IT and beards are pretty normal in the my field. Other white collar maybe not so much. a neatly trimmed beard should be ok pretty much anywhere but don't take for granted how it makes people react to you. I've met many people that just think beards look bad no matter what. Beards make it harder for people to make out your expression/emotions so if you are rocking a beard pay attention and work on smiling bigger or other ways to communicate friendliness/happiness to counteract those who will think you are angry or stern looking with a beard.

All that said I do what I want with my face and people don't complain. Right now I haven't trimmed it in 4 months or so except to keep the mustache out of my mouth. But over a year, I rotate between full beard, friendly sideburns, fu manchu, stacheless goatee and brief stints of clean shaven to reset for the next phase.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top