JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went out and plinked (plunked?) off a few rounds today with my Ruger Bearcat, got a few shots off then trigger and hammer felt weird, so I stopped. Got it home took it apart and the top of the trigger where it meets up with the hammer broke off.
So looked around online but couldn't find any parts. Anyone have a stronger googlefoo than me?
Its an old model so Ruger wont sell me parts unless it gets the transfer bar installed by them.
Also, my dad told me to look up a company called numridge (sp?) arms, he told me over the phone and he didn't remember how to spell it, but he said they had tons of parts for pretty much everything. Sound familiar to anyone?

So I finally got my new trigger from Numrich today. Threw it in and now the cylinder wont turn freely at half-cock.
Did some deducing and thought that it the trigger were a hair shorter it would move the hammer position enough to let the cylinder rotate.
Before I start filing and ruin the trigger, anyone want to chime in?

Check the cylinder pin and cylinder for wear. Excessive clearance in either would allow the cylinder to hang down and catch.
Does the cylinder wobble excessively in the closed position? Does the cylinder pin have a wear ridge(s) where the cylinder rides?
Can you "lift" the cylinder up enough to allow it to rotate/turn at half cock?

Yeah you can move the cylinder a hair forward and it will rotate, but its not super loose.
I ended up sanding, the trigger down a bit and that fixed it once I put everything back together. I figured since it was working fine before the trigger broke, and the new trigger was the only change, so I went ahead and filed it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top