JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have lots of bears hangin' around our empire, but I don't harvest any. I will do some baiting for a good customer when they get a tag, and set them up in my elevated bow stand out back.
Ever since I saw a huge black bear skinned out and hangin' from an oak tree limb that one of my uncles shot many moons ago, it looked too much like somebodies fat naked aunt swingin' from that limb. Never tried eatin' any bear meat, unless I wasn't told it was bear meat and I had too many Budweisers to give a rip.

There's a pile of bears in Oregon. NE has a lot as well as the wet side.
I can give lots of advice, but I will give one thought.
Bears are very quiet. Unless there beating a log up, there dead quiet.
Bonus point. Learn where on there body to shoot them. Or your screwed.

There's a pile of bears in Oregon. NE has a lot as well as the wet side.
I can give lots of advice, but I will give one thought.
Bears are very quiet. Unless there beating a log up, there dead quiet.
Bonus point. Learn where on there body to shoot them. Or your screwed.
I've heard 3 inches forward of dead center of their body, sound right? Also, having never came across a bear I would have imagined them loud and clumsy so thanks for that tip!

I've heard 3 inches forward of dead center of their body, sound right? Also, having never came across a bear I would have imagined them loud and clumsy so thanks for that tip!
The shot placement can be much easier and quicker to judge than that. If a bear is broadside to you, weight for them to step forward and drill them when they step forward with shot in and right above armpit.
If there broadside and To your left or right, no need to have them step.
Some guys drill them in the shoulder to anchor then follow up with a another shot.
You'll hear all kinds of guys stating there .243 will kill any bear. I don't operate that way. Use a 30 cal. Bears and elk have incredible noses.
Good luck

The shot placement can be much easier and quicker to judge than that. If a bear is broadside to you, weight for them to step forward and drill them when they step forward with shot in and right above armpit.
If there broadside and To your left or right, no need to have them step.
Some guys drill them in the shoulder to anchor then follow up with a another shot.
You'll hear all kinds of guys stating there .243 will kill any bear. I don't operate that way. Use a 30 cal. Bears and elk have incredible noses.
Good luck
Thanks! All advice, knowledge and bear stories are welcomed with open arms! I'll be using my 7mm Rem Mag

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top