JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My friend in Springfield, OR went to a wall mart and found bear attractant at wall mart which on the bottle said that you should not apply to clothing. It is my understanding that bear baiting is illegal. Anyone know how wall mart is pulling that off? Thoughts?

My friend in Springfield, OR went to a wall mart and found bear attractant at wall mart which on the bottle said that you should not apply to clothing. It is my understanding that bear baiting is illegal. Anyone know how wall mart is pulling that off? Thoughts?

Two reasons:

-It's not illegal to sell apples, but it is illegal to use them to bait game... so why would bear "bait" be any different?

-"Attractant" isn't bait. It's illegal to bait game, but it's not illegal to use scents to attract them.

Really easy. Is WM bating bears? If not what are they doing that is illegal?

Chevy sells cars that go over 75MPH. We all know that is the highest speed limit, how do they get away with that.................

How does any company that sells a product that "could be" used for illegally "get away with it"?

It is illegal to bait bears in Oregon.
That's why it says not to apply it to your clothing.

Spray it on a bush or a rock and it's an attractant.

Spray it on yourself and you become bait! ;)

It is illegal to bait bears in Oregon.
That's why it says not to apply it to your clothing.

Spray it on a bush or a rock and it's an attractant.

Spray it on yourself and you become bait! ;)

On page #36 of the regulations it says: Applying an attractant to ones body or clothing, while worn, is NOT baiting. So you CAN bait bears as long as YOU are the bait. :) Or bring a buddy who can't run as fast as you, and let him be the bait..... You gotta love the Oregon regulations. :huh:

Illegal? Yes. Wrong? No. Just because some libtards from Multnomah County, Washington County and Lane county who find hunting offensive voted to change the rules doesn not make baiting bears wrong. If I found a barrel full of doughnuts and a guy in a tree stand out in the woods, I'd back off and keep my mouth shut. If a high cap mag ban suddenly happened would you toss all your 25 round .22 magazines into the garbage can?

Illegal? Yes. Wrong? No. Just because some libtards from Multnomah County, Washington County and Lane county who find hunting offensive voted to change the rules doesn not make baiting bears wrong. If I found a barrel full of doughnuts and a guy in a tree stand out in the woods, I'd back off and keep my mouth shut. If a high cap mag ban suddenly happened would you toss all your 25 round .22 magazines into the garbage can?

The Outlaw Creed is alive and well. Let's sit back now and wait for the hunters who confuse legalities with what is ethical and right to come forth. You set good bait.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top