JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was referred over here from The Firing Line Forums, was curious if anyone in the Washington County, OR area have bead blasting equipment? I was looking to take the finish off of the frame and slide of a American Tactical GSG 1911 .22 - it was beat to hell when I bought it so I had to sand down some gouges and such, now I just need to remove the finish so I can get it Cerakoted.

Appreciate it!

No need to waste money on beading it as Cerakote requires it to be blasted with 100-120 grit aluminum oxide. It's expensive media so I would not expect many people other than certified Cerakote applicators to use it. Check the NIC Cerakote applicator locator to find the Certified applicator nearest you.

One thing we found out right away is aluminum oxide eats ceramic blast gun tips. Had to buck up to $50 carbide nozzles.

He is prepping for Cerakote. Glass beads will burnish the surface and Cerakote will just scratch right off. 100-120 grit aluminum oxide is the surface profile required for Cerakote. I am a factory trained applicator.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top