JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a S&W 617 revolver, its a 10 shot 0.22lr. Nothing super fancy, but I love to shoot it and its a one of my keepers for sure.

I decided to do a few upgrades to it. I got a set of smooth VZ grips and got a front night sight as well. Both of which turned out great.

I seen a couple pictures online of a S&W 617 which was bead blasted and I really liked the look. I found online that I could send the pistol back to S&W and they could do the service themselves.

It looks like a glass bead job alone would cost $170, or they have what they call a "Combat Revolver Package" which is $265. For the extra $95 you get; a tuned action, a trigger stop, and chamfered charge holes.

I have never had any internal work done on a pistol before so I really have no idea if it would be worth the extra $95 for those items, especially on just a little weekend plinker.

I figured I also should ask, do those prices seem reasonable or would I be better off searching locally for a shop to be able to complete the work? Would I contact a gun-smith or would I be better off searching for a media-blasting type company?

Thanks in advance!!

I would send it to S&W, spend the extra $95 and know it is getting done correctly. Obviously this will effect the value as it will no longer have the original finish but if you never plan to sell and want to make it like you want it, I say go for it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top