JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't know about Chauvin walking, but that cop from the Wendy's shooting in Atlanta is getting railroaded.

There's so many factors in the Chauvin case that I can't unravel it all.

Whereas the Atlanta DA is a crook in a tight race.

Today justice means a verdict the insurgents want.

We may have passed the point of no return, some people have moved to an alternative universe.
It's like the Gulag Archipeligo, they just don't know it yet.

I know these people are actually a small and dangerous minority, but they wield tremendous influence.

I don't know how this ends, but I do know that from now until the election we can count on an unending stream of crises and discord.

If there's another major surge in violence, rioting, burning and looting, Trump needs to deploy the Federalized National Guard and bring it to a end, just as Bush did in '92 in Los Angeles.

Enough is indeed enough...

The temper tantrums have gone on long enough. Anyone forcing a conviction that a judge and jury did not settle on are simply blackmailing (For lack of a better term). If there is evidence and the charges are not overcharges then the verdict is what it is and that should be the end of it. This mob rule stuff has got to stop.

That is not how the judicial system works, furthermore.. the more we allow these temper tantrums to go on the less likely a cop will be to enforce the law if an individual breaking the law happens to be of a certain ethnicity. That too is unacceptable. The law is the law and those breaking it should be held to the same standards as anyone else. But lately Ive heard a LOT of leniency being dealt due to the fear of backlash.. that is NOT how law enforcement should work but sadly that is the environment that has been created by these rioting dolts.

I kind of believe that the PTB in MN are trying to make this happen. Why else would they charge Chauvin with Murder 2?

609.19 MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.
Subdivision 1.Intentional murder; drive-by shootings.
Whoever does either of the following is guilty of murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:
(1) causes the death of a human being with intent to effect the death of that person or another, but without premeditation; or
(2) causes the death of a human being while committing or attempting to commit a drive-by shooting in violation of section 609.66, subdivision 1e, under circumstances other than those described in section 609.185, paragraph (a), clause (3).
Subd. 2.Unintentional murders.
Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:
(1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting; or
(2) causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection and the victim is a person designated to receive protection under the order. As used in this clause, "order for protection" includes an order for protection issued under chapter 518B; a harassment restraining order issued under section 609.748; a court order setting conditions of pretrial release or conditions of a criminal sentence or juvenile court disposition; a restraining order issued in a marriage dissolution action; and any order issued by a court of another state or of the United States that is similar to any of these orders.
Sec. 609.19 MN Statutes

I believe that it's going to be hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin had the "intent to effect the death" of Floyd. The Unintentional murder part is a little confusing, but to me, it seems to only cover those who have a restraining order.

Now, I think that it would be much easier to prove Murder 3.

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

(b) Whoever, without intent to cause death, proximately causes the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $40,000, or both.

Ray

@Stomper - I've seen this reported from several sources as well...

7C1DB56B-74E1-4087-AFBF-BF726CCA1F3A.jpeg

And then the savage minded veteran types start to come out...

8E98430A-3116-4AEB-AAF6-60BE1E1251C7.jpeg

Politicians are playing politics with police officers lives, I stand with their decision to walk off the job. Especially under the circumstances of the incident in Atlanta, that office is being railroaded, it's total BS.

I got an idea, why don't the politicians stops pandering to rioters and take control of their cities, it's their responsibility after all...

Covid is contributing to a lot of this lately. People are worried, upset, and some have lost family members. They can't go anywhere much, they are asked to wear masks, sections of stores are sold out of this or that, the number of homeless in your neighborhood are probably increasing, the economy has taken a dive and unemployment is at near all-time records.

The last thing we need in America is for people to take hard-core sides and start pointing fingers at each other, trying to assign blame for everything to this group or that. Nothing gets any better, nothing gets solved...by doing that.

No worries though. I think things will get sorted out in November and America will return to some sense of normalcy. It would help if they come up with a vaccine that works and get it out to the public enmasse.

I am developing an increasing sense of indifference to some people burning down their own neighborhoods. The worse it gets, the more radical they appear and the the more any supposed cause loses favor or credibility. Just leave my house alone, last thing we need is another national headline.

I am developing an increasing sense of indifference to some people burning down their own neighborhoods. The worse it gets, the more radical they appear and the the more any supposed cause loses favor or credibility. Just leave my house alone, last thing we need is another national headline.
The whole reverse racism thing on display against white people is really sickening. I thought racism was bad? Oh wait, racism is OK if it's against a certain skin color.

When I'd get into arguments regarding my disapproval of Obama, inevitably, the race card would be played and I' be accused of being a racist. I would respond, "Absolutely I'm racist! Obama is half white, and I don't trust the cracker half of that dude!".

As to your original point, I agree that the images of angry mobs looting, burning, and committing acts of violence for their "cause" is going to sway a lot of swing voters towards whoever can make that crap go away.

A couple of white women set that Wendy's on fire. I'm of the opinion all this "race war" crap is being instigated and fanned by agent provocateurs using the protests against perceived police brutality.

This is straight out of Rules for Radicals.... y'all should read it if you haven't already.

Last Edited:
They rushed the charges in order to appease the mob, but the jury will find him not guilty. The DA will have to prove the cop had intent to kill the guy and I do not think he can. I think George Floyd, through all the drugs in his system and his overall health, had killed himself and the police merely exacerbated a foregone conclusion. Brace yourselves for more rioting when the verdict gets read to the public.

If there's another major surge in violence, rioting, burning and looting, Trump needs to deploy the Federalized National Guard and bring it to a end, just as Bush did in '92 in Los Angeles.

Enough is indeed enough...
I agree
But it seems like we all know that trump or any politician will only do what's beat for votes.

The Cop in MN will never get "off". Many soon forget the past at amazing speed. If he beats the state charges the Feds will be standing there to charge him and they will get a conviction. This of course will do nothing to slow the mobs as they do not want a solution.
Now the one in Atlanta was a sad situation. That one the prosecutor is under all kinds of scrutiny over some possible misconduct of his own and was holding his job by a thread. This kind of thing is going to lead to a lot of Cops just letting crime go. Why try to arrest someone? So then of course the crime will jump and the people screaming we hate Cops will be screaming where are the Cops. To me this stuff could not have come at a better time. People really need to wake the hell up. Every election a bunch of them ignore everything. Well getting kind of hard to ignore it now. If this is not enough to wake people up? Well then I guess we just sit back and watch it all fall apart. The people do get the Government they deserve.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads