JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look,
It's a given that Cascadia Will go at some point between the next few seconds or next few centuries and we should all be prepared for it. But cringing in fear every time some prophet says "Here it comes!" is not the way I want to live my life.
Well put, I had enough of that ,worrying about the San Andreas when I live in SoCal.

There are days I wish it would just happen, those are my bad days of course, I seem to have a lot of those, Of course the day it does happen it won't really matter, were talking about magnitude 9+ I doubt many of us who don't live in something like a monolithic dome would survive the initial shock, if we do survive, the aftershocks will no doubt finish the job, Estimated deaths would be along the lines of Katrina in fact it would be as big disaster or bigger and could be far more costlier, it could turn out to be the worst disaster ever in the US and could even cripple the economy, since it would affect 3 states and part of BC, we don't have preparedness Great Shakeout drills for nothing but honestly when this thing hits it's gonna be deadlier than the Northridge Quake in CA, I survived that one and it was only 6.7 but the aftershocks were murder! Think more along the lines of Fukashima If indeed we are going to have the big one, there isn't much any of us can do except flee East or to Hawaii there is no way I'm going back to SoCal and I'm not a big fan of South of the border there. I forgot to mention that if Yellowstone does blow the Cascadia quake would probably be a welcomed instant relief anyway. Predictions of these events have come and gone, I think it's because no time line is etched in stone and things change, who knows except the ones who really know and they won't talk that's for sure.

Life will go on. In hard times the list of losers will grow.

Come to think of it's always something somewhere if you don't live in the Pac NW, it's somewhere else like the east coast, when I lived on the W Coast of Florida there was the threat of a massive methane explosion in the gulf wiping out the coast, than again the whole east coast from New York down to the keys is threatened by LaPalma in the Canary Islands a piece of a mountain that could fall into the ocean at anytime and cause a devastating tsunami, but worrying doesn't help it never does. After watching The Day After as a kid all I did was worry about Nuclear destruction but so did many kids who watched it, I wasted many years of my life worrying about something I had no control over, and vowed never to do that again.

I think it helps, in fact, I enjoy it. It is like going to a haunted house or a horror flick.

This is a DOOMFEST, DOOMFEST 2019

Last Edited:
I think it helps, in fact, I enjoy it. It is like going to a haunted house or a horror flick.

This is a DOOMFEST, DOOMFEST 2019
Have you ever been through a quake? It's more like a roller coaster than haunted house but in this case were talking around a 5 minute roller coaster that when the ride is over nothing is left standing around you including the roller coaster, the way I see it it's 2.5 mins coming and 2.5 mins going that's the S wave than again it could originate in the middle not far from me in depot bay if that's the case it's only 2.5 but the devastation to my county would be a nightmare and when the tsunami hits most of the coast will be toast. I just hope I'm not there when it happens than again drowning may be a swifter and more painless way to go.

After an epic disaster like katrina everyone is a loser!

In Katrina, NOAA gave a clear warning 4 days before the storm hit. It included the high probability of no public services for 1 to 2 weeks.

The people who had the ability to leave, had an annoying and expensive camping trip, plus a lot of clean up when they came home.

Painless way to go? Come on man, buck up. The survivors will get to re-populate the planet. That is good news for us guys.
What survivor? I was just telling my wife when Yellowstone goes it's an extinction event, kind like in the movie 2012, it will bring a mini ice age the ash will be toxic it will eventually kill everyone on the planet unless they leave the planet chances of survival over time will be worse not better as the ash clouds spread around the globe. What's interesting to note is it won't take mother nature to set off Yellowstone all it will take is a nuke dropped into it, rumor has it Moscow has considered the scenario of dropping a Satan missle, the biggest ICBM in their arsenal into the caldera to trigger the destruction of the US the problem is that like the extinction event scenario I just described, it's a lose lose mutually assured destruction scenario and the whole world we die for it.

What survivor? I was just telling my wife when Yellowstone goes it's an extinction event, kind like in the movie 2012, it will bring a mini ice age the ash will be toxic it will eventually kill everyone on the planet unless they leave the planet chances of survival over time will be worse not better as the ash clouds spread around the globe. What's interesting to note is it won't take mother nature to set off Yellowstone all it will take is a nuke dropped into it, rumor has it Moscow has considered the scenario of dropping a Satan missle, the biggest ICBM in their arsenal into the caldera to trigger the destruction of the US the problem is that like the extinction event scenario I just described, it's a lose lose mutually assured destruction scenario and the whole world we die for it.

When the elite run for their underground bunkers, weld them shut.

In Katrina, NOAA gave a clear warning 4 days before the storm hit. It included the high probability of no public services for 1 to 2 weeks.

The people who had the ability to leave, had an annoying and expensive camping trip, plus a lot of clean up when they came home.
Ok you have a point there, at least there was fair warning and yes those who chose to stay either in the Super Dome which was a bad idea or the French Quarters paid a heavy price, but it's not everyday you have to evacuate a city like the size of New Orleans and the Mayor didn't have a well defined plan in getting the rest out who wanted to leave, don't forget Katrina made a few moves before it struck and there were some who felt it wouldn't be a direct hit, of course they were wrong but you can't blame people for not wanting to leave their homes and possessions and animals on a probability can you?

Last Edited:
Ok you have a point there, at least there was fair warning and yes those who chose to stay either in the Super Dome which was a bad idea or the French Quarters paid a heavy price, but it's not everyday you have to evacuate a city like the size of New Orleans and the Mayor didn't have a well defined plan in getting the rest out who wanted to leave, don't forget Katrina made a few moves before it struck and there were some who felt it wouldn't be a direct hit, of course they were wrong but you can't blame people for not wanting to leave their homes and possessions and animals on a probability can you?

Perhaps relying on government services in a disaster is not your best choice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top