JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buddy has a pistol for HD.

He and his wife both voted yes on I-1639:confused:
That kind of "thinking" is all too common. I grew up with two parents who were super one party voters. Then I watched as the people they voted for did stuff to just enrage them. When I would ask "isn't this the people you voted for doing this?" They would both get super mad and claim it was done by people who had no power here. It really is a mental disorder. They run on raw emotion and no facts are allowed. They vote for people who make a mess, then vote for the same people to fix the mess they made. Really believing the "other people" running are the problem, the ones who had nothing to do with it.

Sadly many will. Look at countries like the UK as an example. Look what they have been through and still the people who vote are content with no guns. I fully expect that many who ran out and bought a first gun will in short order decide again no one should have one. It's a mental disorder, the belief that the people who made this mess will fix it if they are voted for again.
Co worker used to joke that if he was ever in a situation where he was in some place where he had a gun and the bad people where outside he would ask any inside the safety with him. "Who here was for no guns?" Anyone who said yes would be shown the door and told to fend for themselves. :D
I do have to hope at least in the short term this police state crap will get a lot more people to think and vote this November. Now that they have seen so many in power blatantly show them how they really feel.

Well yeah, sadly some people seem to have very short memories. Europe as a whole is a lost cause, I mean how stupid do you have to be to have been literally saved by country who's (effectively) entire populace can own firearms, who during war time, shipped over thousands and thousands of firearms to help defend European countries, to then in the course of a few generations, make them all for the most part 'verbotten' again.

Edit to add: The major difference between the US and the world though, is that the US was born from rebellion/war, it's in the very fabric of being American (or at least those who embrace the spirit). There may come a time when the American spirit dwindles (I'd say it's been doing that for a long time now), but historically speaking, there are many examples of how when American's are backed into a corner that watering the tree of liberty has been / will always be, an option on the table.

I'd say the key difference right now is, for the most part we still have so many options to exercise the freedoms we perceive as "important" - if those options ever go away, it will be interesting to say the least.

Last Edited:
To me this seems like the larger problem of who he is married to / needing stones to lay down the law. There are a lot of unhappy men in this country being bossed around by a lot of (seemingly) tyrannical women. First wife wanted to be like that, I traded her in for a higher quality model, not having any kids or money at the time, made it much easier though, so there's that. Current wife came into the picture knowing the she'd go before guns did, and she's been an occasional range buddy of mine since day 1. Very lucky IMO, although I wen't through hell before I got to be lucky.

He didn't grow up with guns and his interest didn't hit till his mid 30's.

She is actually a wonderful person and we do enjoy their company.

My wife and I don't always see eye to eye on many things but we respect each other as people and none of the things we disagree on are deal breakers.

26 years and going strong:cool:

Well yeah, sadly some people seem to have very short memories. Europe as a whole is a lost cause, I mean how stupid do you have to be to have been literally saved by country who's (effectively) entire populace can own firearms, who during war time, shipped over thousands and thousands of firearms to help defend European countries, to then in the course of a few generations, make them all for the most part 'verbotten' again.
Yep, sadly the short memories of humans is amazing to watch. How many guns and ammo "shortages" have we seen in our lifetimes? Yet with every new one how many who have already seen a few are again screaming? As soon as things go back to "normal" a lot of people just forgot anything ever happened. Until it happens again, and again. :s0054:

Yep, sadly the short memories of humans is amazing to watch. How many guns and ammo "shortages" have we seen in our lifetimes? Yet with every new one how many who have already seen a few are again screaming? As soon as things go back to "normal" a lot of people just forgot anything ever happened. Until it happens again, and again. :s0054:

I sometimes wonder what happens to a lot of these impulse panic buys, I mean good gracious, with how much purchasing has taken place over the last 10 years, many people 'could' not buy another gun their entire lives and probably still be able to wrap one up for themselves every year and be able to open up a different one. Are that many people really just buying and then after a few years, selling?

There is an inherent challenge in living in a PEACEFUL CIVILIZED society...The more time you live in peace, and the further away you get from war, unrest, etc., the more accustomed to the peace people get, and the more they forget about those hostile times...or why they still need to be prepared for them.

I can only hope that these last three months have been a massive wakeup call to the ignorant anti-gunners. I'm sure some have been "red pilled." However, the level of denial and ignorance of anti-gunners can be an astounding thing. Time will tell as we progress forward and see what anti-gun legislation is put forward and how it fares. Hopefully people are learning.

I sometimes wonder what happens to a lot of these impulse panic buys, I mean good gracious, with how much purchasing has taken place over the last 10 years, many people 'could' not buy another gun their entire lives and probably still be able to wrap one up for themselves every year and be able to open up a different one. Are that many people really just buying and then after a few years, selling?
Yep. Remember when Trump won and the gun market fell in the toilet? A LOT of that was due to the heavy ramp up by makers but a lot of it was people selling off stuff. LOT of people had to have taken it in the shorts big time who bought high on credit, then had to sell off low. It did help flood the market though. No doubt in my mind a whole lot of guns were taken to places to sell that had never been fired. That's bad enough, the ammo thing is what keep me shaking my head. People who shoot, and only buy when they want to shoot. Then a panic hits and they have hell of a time finding ammo. As soon as it's stacked in the store again they forgot all about it until the next time:confused:

I had forgotten The Y2K Generators too. I remember for a good couple years after you could find brand new, never even started generators for a song. BUNCH of people bought one, never used it, then found they could of course not sell them for a song compared to what they paid. :eek:

Edit to add: The major difference between the US and the world though, is that the US was born from rebellion/war, it's in the very fabric of being American (or at least those who embrace the spirit). ...

The same is true of many other countries too (China immediately comes to mind) but it is only here that the founders had the good grace to write the 2A.

The same is true of many other countries too (China immediately comes to mind) but it is only here that the founders had the good grace to write the 2A.

Clarify for me how China was born from war or is similar in that way to t he US? The history of China (from what I know) is just a millennia of dynasty after dynasty, basically one ruler after the next, the only difference in the last 60 years they started to fly the red flag of communism after Mao rose to power and slaughtered undesirables relevant to communist aims.

Clarify for me how China was born from war or is similar in that way to t he US? The history of China (from what I know) is just a millennia of dynasty after dynasty, basically one ruler after the next, the only difference in the last 60 years they started to fly the red flag of communism after Mao rose to power and slaughtered undesirables relevant to communist aims.

There was a revolution in China and it was fought with armies and planes and tanks and guns? Took over 4 years. Chinese Communist Revolution - Wikipedia

At the end of it, Mao did not have the good grace to afford his citizens something like the 2A here.

What makes the US unique amongst countries born of revolution, was the ideals of the founders of the US. No other country had the dudes we did.

There was a revolution in China and it was fought with armies and planes and tanks and guns? Took over 4 years. Chinese Communist Revolution - Wikipedia

At the end of it, Mao did not have the good grace to afford his citizens something like the 2A here.

What makes the US unique amongst countries born of revolution, was the ideals of the founders of the US. No other country had the dudes we did.

Ok thank you, I thought about it differently because I didn't consider China's "revolution" as anything more than replacing the previous ruler with a despot - I'd surmise that for most of the population of China, little changed besides the flag flown, the common person still got stepped on anytime it benefit the ruling class. In that regard, makes total sense, thankfully we had Washington!

Embrace new and old gun buyers is my motto!

Some people may want to get into firearms big time (Various capacities in the shooting sports world.) and some may only want to be able to plink on and off and practice their self defense shooting. It depends on the individual!

My husband has sold a few guns recently and the first person who looked at each SPECIFIC gun in person - bought it immediately. We just sold a 30-30 lever action rifle today.

One was sold to a younger man and two were sold to two older men. ALL of them were PRO RKBA people.

He sold 3 CF firearms and he has 3 RF firearms special ordered. One of them is for my 70th birthday coming up.

He is adjusting his firearms as he AGES some more.

He is only keeping one 30-30 rifle and only one 45-70 rifle for now with NO duplicates in those calibers. One 30-06 older bolt action rifle and one .223 bolt action rifle. The rest are in RF calibers.

He is still keeping up his self defense skills with his 45acp and 22lr pistols too.

The same thing is happening with some of his reloading supplies. What he is adjusting there is going to a man who is younger than he is and the man is into reloading BIG time. My husband still plans on reloading but not a HUGE level when he used to compete and was a HIGH volume shooter.

He still goes to the range several times a week too.

One hand washes another. Everyone is a happy camper if they are young or old or into reloading or not or handicapped or not.

You make adjustments in your life and get on with living!

Best wishes to all of the new shooters out there. Stay safe and have fun!

Old Lady Cate

I'll say the same thing I said in the last thread on this topic.

Firearm ownership doesn't mean anything if they still vote for an anti-2A party.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top