JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dick Tracy...
Not a real person, therefore no gender disphoria despite the confusing name.

Dick Butkus...
write your own funnee.

Dick Clark...
Currently doing The Crygenic Twist w Casey Kasem and Wolfman Jack in a hermetically-sealed vault in the Nevada dessert.
Now you know what's really going on at Area 51.
You're welcome.

I was Dick, before the President was elected. Then it changed. I was a kid at the time, so parents were more involved then.

Anyways how do you get Dick from Richard? A Dick was like a regular Joe. An any man.

"fellow, lad, man," 1550s, rhyming nickname for Rick, short for Richard, one of the commonest English names, it has long been a synonym for "fellow," and so most of the slang senses are probably very old, but naturally hard to find in the surviving records. The meaning "penis" is attested from 1891 in Farmer's slang dictionary (possibly British army slang). Meaning "detective" is recorded from 1908, perhaps as a shortened variant of detective. As a verb, "to bungle; to waste time," also "to cheat, treat badly," by 1969, American English (often with off or around).

I was Dick, before the President was elected. Then it changed. I was a kid at the time, so parents were more involved then.

Anyways how do you get Dick from Richard? A Dick was like a regular Joe. An any man.

"fellow, lad, man," 1550s, rhyming nickname for Rick, short for Richard, one of the commonest English names, it has long been a synonym for "fellow," and so most of the slang senses are probably very old, but naturally hard to find in the surviving records. The meaning "penis" is attested from 1891 in Farmer's slang dictionary (possibly British army slang). Meaning "detective" is recorded from 1908, perhaps as a shortened variant of detective. As a verb, "to bungle; to waste time," also "to cheat, treat badly," by 1969, American English (often with off or around).

I always wondered how John became Jack. Its no shorter in letters or syllables.

Let's not forget those with the surname of Dick.............

Such as
Tim Allen (Timothy Alan Dick)

Drummer for the Byrds Michael Clarke (Michael James Dick)

Paul Revere Dick (Paul Revere and the Raiders)

Moby Dick.............

Ray

"Always show kindness and respect. Remember, we show compassion to others, not for who they are, but because of who you are"

I try to be more like the man my kids think I am. Someday, maybe it will happen.

1565151381460.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads