JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking at S&W M&P Shield prices on Bud's Guns this morning using a CCleaner browser. I saw two different prices - $445 and $399 - simultaneously in slightly different locations. I launched a chat and asked about it. Here's an excerpt from what the woman told me: "Our prices are automatically updated based off the cost of our current inventory. We can receive multiple batches of the same item at different costs. We will always pull from the lowest priced batch, in order to offer the best price. However, once that batch of inventory is depleted, we will pull from the next cheapest we have available."

Hmmm...how does that account for SIMULTANEOUS price variance? In my mind, it doesn't. I open a new CCleaner browser, repeat my steps. When I first touch the product, the price is shown as $445. I surf around the site for a minute or so, then touch the same product again. Now it's listed as $399. I close the browser, repeat the drill first on a Brave browser, then on Firefox. Exactly same result as before. So it's not the browser. It's Bud's website.

Might keep that in mind next time you buy from Bud's.

this is the same concept when OpticsPlanet will sell you something for cheap and it's not in stock. They will wait until it has been secured for the price you bought it at and then ship. They will also list items cheap to skew others pricing when it is not in stock and won't allow a backorder but when it comes in stock, the pricing jumps.

It is a good idea to always check via an incognito web browser that doesn't have cookies anywhere before ordering an expensive item. You may be paying too much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top