JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some may remember the little snippet in the reciprocity bill where the ATF would be asked for a ruling on bumpfire stocks and similar devices?

Some may remember I referred to it as one of the things to happen that we did NOT want to happen because these devices are legal now but may be determined to be NFA items?

Well, be careful what you ask for and you can't blame me for saying I told you so (you can, but I will ignore you because I did tell you so).

It appears the ATF is not waiting for the law to go into effect:

[BREAKING] BATFE: Bumpfire Rulemaking Proposal - Machinegun? - The Firearm Blog

Though many of the questions seems strange, it sounds like an overall questionaire to see what the economic impact of regulation would be. Economic to the gun industry. Number 20 seems especially bizare and pointing to their concern about if they banned them, would there be a profitable LE sales market for the devices (would they keep making and selling them)?

That said, the whole thing is retarded. You can do the exact same thing with a rubber band from videos I've seen.

Some may remember the little snippet in the reciprocity bill where the ATF would be asked for a ruling on bumpfire stocks and similar devices?

Some may remember I referred to it as one of the things to happen that we did NOT want to happen because these devices are legal now but may be determined to be NFA items?

Well, be careful what you ask for and you can't blame me for saying I told you so (you can, but I will ignore you because I did tell you so).

It appears the ATF is not waiting for the law to go into effect:

[BREAKING] BATFE: Bumpfire Rulemaking Proposal - Machinegun? - The Firearm Blog
The reciprocity bill package doesn't call for the BATFE to look into the legality of Bump-fire stocks, it only calls for the special reporting of crimes involving Bump-fire stocks.

The linked article also doesn't say that bump fire stocks are going to be banned just that they looking to see what impact a ban might have on the industry. That said, it does seem likely that they might rule them as NFA items subject to registration. How they do that might actually work out as a good thing for us if they open the registry for bump fire stock equipped lowers. It seems unlikely that they will place an outright ban on them so they must be turned in and destroyed because they have said in the past that they were explicitly legal.

Yes - I did not say they would ban them.

However, they already made a determination that they are legal, and now they are going to make another determination - one subject to political pressure instead of their own unique form of logic and the existing law.

My point was and is that this is a risky thing. Even with the assumed support of the current majority regime (not a good assumption IMO), this is a risky thing to do - especially in a law.

The ATF is not at all above changing their collective minds on issues - look at the pistol braces and other past devices.

I would have been much happier if Congress had pushed forward the HPA instead of the reciprocity bill. We already can have reciprocity in about 34 states if you get the right permit, and the states that would not be covered I dare say many people would not be interested in carrying there anyway.

It is a matter of priorities.

I know this response isn't directed towards bump stocks but I have a somewhat related question and didn't want to make a new thread over it.

Is there something I missed about this ad? Can we purchase full auto lpks like this?

M16 Full Auto Lower Parts Kit

I am not knowledgable enough to know all of the parts required and which are legal or not.

What I do know is that parts that would make an AR15 lower into full auto would not be legal without the NFA paperwork/etc., and that for quite a while now, most people cannot buy or make a new "machine gun" (legal term, not technical term) - what is out there and was out there since before FOPA (IIRC) is what we have.

Today, only certain manufacturers can make "full auto" parts and firearms and only as 'samples' or for export or for the government. Not for private sale.

I know this response isn't directed towards bump stocks but I have a somewhat related question and didn't want to make a new thread over it.

Is there something I missed about this ad? Can we purchase full auto lpks like this?

M16 Full Auto Lower Parts Kit
I think they did a decent job explaining this in their desription. It is possible having those parts in your posession would constitute intent to mnufacture a FA should you come under scrutiny for some other charge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top