JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A reminder to keep your head on a swivel, even in calm moments...
Wife was on her way home from work in Hillsboro to East Portland, just before the tunnels she glanced out the drivers side window just as the person in front of her slammed on their brakes for some reason that is still unknown.
Both cars are smoked. Everyone is ok. Reminder to PAY ATTENTION. Not everyone is.

Entering Portland, so maybe ?
D72A084E-8047-4256-992D-2796E8D9C61C.jpeg

" just before the tunnels she glanced out the drivers side window just as the person in front of her slammed on their brakes"

Same exact thing happened to me, at the very same place. Something like 5 cars ended up getting hit, mine both front and rear. That's an evil spot in the road...

Man, that sucks! That's one spot where you NEVER take your eyes off the 10 cars in front of you, I know it well.

Agreed.
Turns out the woman in the car in front of her had multiple loose pets in the car with her (at least 1 cat and 1 dog) and probably hit the brakes because instinctively because one of them was trying to Go underfoot.

Did they find your wife at fault? Unfortunately she was.....

" just before the tunnels she glanced out the drivers side window just as the person in front of her slammed on their brakes"

Same exact thing happened to me, at the very same place. Something like 5 cars ended up getting hit, mine both front and rear. That's an evil spot in the road...
Rule 1 of freeway driving. Don't worry about the traffic coming towards you, watch the traffic in front of you.

Glad shes OK!
The Eastbound approach to the tunnel is notorious.. traffic stacks up in the tunnel... approaching traffic at Hwy speed SUDDENLY sees: a line of stopped cars with no time to stop.. Seen screaching cars there many times... then that cascades back... whenever Im on approach to the tunnels I give MULTIPLE car lengths ahead of me !

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top