JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
I have recently approached by an individual that calls himself "Lawyer Dan Joe" that he wanted to buy a rifle I posted for sale here. He offered to send me money by Paypal and he needed my e-mail address, my full name and my address so that "his agent" would come to pick up my rifle ...

I finally figured this is another type of the well-known "Nigerian scam". He even perpetrated to be from a law firm in Long Beach, CA. Low and behold, the law firm is real but of course the Mofo lawyer Dan Joe indicated a totally different address and phone numbers. Of course I called and there's no Dan Joe working for them. Consequently I wrote him an e-mail which content I cannot reproduce here ... I am just warning everybody ... just ignore his e-mails or send him to his origins (his momma's womb to put it delicately).

had a variation of the same scam tried on me when I was selling a car on craigslist.You have done the best thing, get it out there so others won't fall for this crap either. The more know the better:s0155:

I was hit up yesterday on outdoor trader by "Lawyer Dan Joe". I made a few suggestions of where he should go and what to do when he gets there.

What is this users name? I don't find "Lawyer Dan Joe" as a members here.

I hope he contacts me. I'm excited.

I'll get some IP's for ya. :)

I get the "I'm at sea and my agent will pick it up only after the PayPal transaction" scam EVERY time I put something on Craig's list.

The other one I get is "Would you like to trade for this:" and there is a link that looks like it should go to another Craig's list ad, but when you hover over it, it isn't a crags list ad but some tracking site.

Sometimes I'll screw with the scammers but most of the time I either ignore it or tell them to go die somewhere!

Craigslist has a scam page that has some decent info on it. Actually has some real emails. Bad spelling and grammar make me less confident you'll pay me.:s0131: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

Recognizing scams

Most scams involve one or more of the following:

• inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
  • Western Union, Money Gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
  • inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consumating transaction

BigNickShooting as asked previously, please inform me the name of the user that sent this email. I cannot ban the member until you tell me who it is. There is no member "Lawyer Dan Joe" here so it would have to be another user name which would show up on the email.

BigNickShooting as asked previously, please inform me the name of the user that sent this email. I cannot ban the member until you tell me who it is. There is no member "Lawyer Dan Joe" here so it would have to be another user name which would show up on the email.

I think his screen name here is Trlsmn. Ban him. :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

I think his screen name here is Trlsmn. Ban him. :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

Wouldn't be the first time! :D Proof the inmates are running the asylum!

infractions-1.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews