JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been diving deep into the ar world as of late and started noticing some different things in mid to upper tier lowers. While I know for certain fit, finish,and effort going into the overall product are important to some others not. I recently have pick up a daniel defense rifle and noticed the castle nut was staked ok good deal for that kind of it should be! Going further I went ahead and ordered a bcm lower to complete my bcm upper and noticed wow not only is the castle nut staked but its staked in all three places. Don't get me wrong I know we are not talking about a 50 bmg here but dang did they do a really good job it looks perfect. Daniel defense says there rifles are ready for duty use ect right off the line and while Im sure it will hold up having that extra security of knowing that thing is going no where sure makes me wonder if the bcm lower I paid 350 for took enough time to make sure there end user was in mind that daniel would not do the same?

I have a DD M4. Bought it brand new in 2009 as a complete rifle. The receivers, small parts, and bolt group are great. Love the magwell and 5.56mm markings on the lower. The 16" CHF mid length barrel was mediocre at best. It shot well enough but was so over gassed it needed an H3 buffer just to run decently and never ran right with a can. Love the receivers though.

My favorite stripped lowers are the McKay RM16A2. I've built 4 and all were perfect. Love the markings on them too. Simple and professional. Selector is marked Safe and a Semi. Receiver is marked with their info, no logo, and 5.56 MM. The anodizing and black color are perfect.

I have complete BCM AR carbine and take to the range every so often. Not a bad rifle. It has a FSB and includes a BCM flip up rear sight but it looks like a Troy sight even though it says BCM on it. I added a light and two point sling only.

All my BCM lowers only came with two of the three staked, that being said they have worked flawlessly. BCM makes great, although expensive products.

Last Edited:
I have complete BCM AR carbine and take to the range every so often. Not a bad rifle. It has a FSB and includes a BCM flip up rear sight but it looks like a Troy sight even though it says BCM on it. I added a light and two point sling only.
Troy sight, bcm logo. Even says that on the description.
Great sights nonetheless. I hope they are working great for you...
Take care..
Rob

I wouldn't put too much stake (pun intended) on the fact the lower is extra staked. There are so many more relevant components to the rifle that will make far more of a meaningful difference.

The thing is though, staking correctly over wrong is literally free, if over looking or failing to it right is a red flag in my book.
Agreed, if they are going to do it, you'd want them to do it correctly, and that goes for ANYTHING, but roll-marks don't impress me anyway and putting together a lower is almost child's play.

Castle nut staking isn't something I'm going to hang my hat on, so to speak. It's not that big of a deal honestly and easy to do if unhappy with the factory results.

Agreed, if they are going to do it, you'd want them to do it correctly, and that goes for ANYTHING, but roll-marks don't impress me anyway and putting together a lower is almost child's play.
Almost, but people seem to f' it up anyway and that is point, if choking on something so simple I have to ask myself why and have come up with the following:

1. incompetence
2. not giving a crap
3. profit

None of which I want when dealing with what I'd consider a duty gun.

Man back in the day when Colt, Bushmaster and Olympic Arms were the only game in town I don't remember any of them staking the castle nut.