JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone compared the differences in BCM's Enhanced Lightweight against the government profile barrels? Specifically, I haven't seen anyone comparing the barrel life of the ELW against the government profile. I know it would be a reasonable assumption that the government profile barrel would last longer but is the difference negligible or should it be a real consideration? I tend to put quite a few rounds down range when I am training. I just don't want to get something that is going to be scrap after a few thousand rounds.

The way in which you use the barrel has more of a determination on barrel life then profile does. Government profile barrels are the absolute worst profile I can think of. The government profile is there to facilitate the mounting of grenade launchers.

I run a 16 inch .625 Hanson profile barrel which is quite similar to bcms ELW and love it. Also shot an M16A4 quite a bit and much prefer the Hanson profile over the .gov profile

Everyone crows about light weight barrels stringing but unless you're in fallujah running through mag after mag you'll probably be alright with a lighter weight profile. I like how lightweight and printable the rifle is with the lighter weight profile. Lighter weight barrels also cool faster.