JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-14-5-Mid-Length-Barrel-Stripped-p/bcm-brl-s-mid-14 bfh.htm

50 Rounds down the tube and I don't think that was enough to even break it in. Cleaned and went with a shorter barrel for my pistol build.

Asking $270 FTF in Beaverton/Portland

Features
  • Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
  • M4 Feed Ramp Barrel Extension (USGI)
  • USGI 1/7 Twist Rates
  • USGI 5.56 NATO Chambers
  • Mil-Spec 11595E - Barrel Steel (CMV)
  • Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber
  • Manganese Phosphate Barrel Finish
  • USGI Government Profile Barrels
  • HPT (High Pressure Test) Barrels
  • MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected) Barrels

I've had 1/7 and 1/9 and honestly I can't tell a difference. I mostly shoot cheap/surplus ammo.
I've had enough guys say 1/8 is a sweet balance for all weights I decided to go with it.

In all reality, I'm not a good enough shooter to need to be that picky or be able to tell if they wobble or something.

I have a 1/7 16" 1/8 18" and a few 1/9 16". Honestly, they all shoot great. Better than I can.

Right. Better than I can. I'm gonna be the most inaccurate part of my rifle hands down.

What got me thinking about the twist was a buddy throwing some 40gr at me.
I was told a 1/7 (what I had at the time) was a little much.
It shot and I couldn't tell a difference between that and 55gr ammo. They both made holes in paper.

I figured I'd go 1/8 with next build just for fun. Boy oh boy if a 14.5" mid length barrel with a 1/8 twist isn't hard to find.

Right. Better than I can. I'm gonna be the most inaccurate part of my rifle hands down.

What got me thinking about the twist was a buddy throwing some 40gr at me.
I was told a 1/7 (what I had at the time) was a little much.
It shot and I couldn't tell a difference between that and 55gr ammo. They both made holes in paper.

I figured I'd go 1/8 with next build just for fun. Boy oh boy if a 14.5" mid length barrel with a 1/8 twist isn't hard to find.
Yeah, I'll tell ya, if you can find a Black Hole Weaponry 1/8, they are awesome. The last build I did was a middy 18" 1/8 from them. Took it out to shoot, the irons were dead on. Couldn't believe it. First shots dead on. Strapped on a red dot, and blamo. again dead on. Weird.
I blame the barrel LOL.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top