JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In another thread I was expressing my dissatisfaction with the tiny charging handle on the Bear Creek Arsenal Gen 2 side charging uppers. I like them better than the Gen 1 handles but they are too small for my big meat hooks I have for hands. I came up with this idea last night.

Replacing the existing charging handle with a small piece of picatinny rail, maybe a three slot rail, then add grip of your choice. In order to mount the rail to the BCG you will have to custom drill at least one hole and use spacers in between the BCG and the rail piece. The spacers need to be tall enough that it places the bottom surface of the rail outside of the upper receiver slot. Once that rail piece is installed you can use any type of grip that mounts on a picatinny rail. See pic for what a mans charging handle looks like:). I would only use a large handle like the photo depicts, on single shot uppers as that weight of mass being thrown around on a semi-auto would be dangerous.

20220729_090955.jpg

With the particular 7 slot rail I have, I could slice it down the middle of the flat marked with tape. That would give me two rail sections for mounting on two different BCGs.

20220729_110711.jpg

Good idea for those who would like something more subdued. I am looking for a charging handle that is 3" (minimum) in length measured from bcg and it needs to extend out from the bcg at a 90 degree angle (perpendicular from the direction the bcg is running). Most full size forward verticle grips would fill that roll.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top