JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BBC Asks for Volunteers for Gun Rights Hatchet Job
Posted on November 21, 2011 by Robert Farago
Just posted in a comment on TTAG, elevated here for your edification:

Hi there,

My name is Christina and we’re developing a series called Coming Here Soon for BBC3 in the UK, which is a presenter-fronted series that looks at what life is like for teenagers living in the US. The aim is to look at different aspects of young people’s lives in America to give an insight into similarities and differences with life for young people in the UK, in particular looking at topics that are especially relevant to our audience. One area that we’ve highlighted is girls and young women carrying guns and the better understanding of the place of guns in young lives for protection and hunting in the US . . .

We would like to speak with young women who are pro guns and feel that learning how to use a gun is a valid part of everyday life skills. I was wondering if you knew of any such girls and anyone who is campaigning for more Guns to be carried by women in the US on campus. I would also be interested in speaking with you as well as you obviously have lots of knowledge on females and guns. Please let me know if there is anyway you can help me at all and if so a good time to contact you.

The BBC’s Factual Department is the largest provider of factual content in the world. Alongside our globally renowned science and history programming we have a long track record of producing acclaimed documentaries and compelling landmark films.

We produce thoughtful, in-depth and journalistically sound documentaries, informed by thorough research. As the UK’s public service broadcaster, the BBC is bound by values of impartiality and fairness to all. As a department we have an excellent track record of working with sensitive subject matter, working successfully with individuals and institutions and dealing responsibly with vulnerable contributors. We spend much time researching and getting to know a subject matter and take our duty of care to those who are involved in our programmes extremely seriously. Our hope is to make sensitive and thoughtful documentaries which allow people to tell their own stories in their own words.

We have recently produced Our War, a series telling the story of the conflict in Afghanistan through video content filmed by soldiers themselves using personal cameras, mobile phones and helmet cameras. The series gave a unique perspective on the realities of war told from the point of view of the young men and women on the frontline. The critically acclaimed Women War Weddings and Me followed 21 year old Nel Hedayat returning to Afghanistan, the country of her birth, to find out what life is like for women to live there now; and Roger: Genocide Baby which followed a young Genocide survivor, Roger Nsengiyumva, returning to Rwanda to see if he could forgive his father’s killers.

Other recent BBC documentaries have included Wounded, a BAFTA and RTS award-winning documentary following two injured soldiers returning from Afghanistan and Between Life and Death, a sensitive portrait of the moving stories of doctors, patient and families over six months at the UK’s top brain injury unit.

Please let me know if you need anymore information at all.

Thanks so much,
Christina [[email protected]]

[NB: That would be the same Christina Wilby who also scoured the net for contestants for the hypnosis-based game show I Know "What You Did Last Friday"

As the UK’s public service broadcaster, the BBC is bound by values of impartiality and fairness to all.

:s0113:

There was a time that I would watch the Beeb for international news, now it's like watching MSNBC. Their elites won't be happy until Britain is as insignificant as a small south Pacific island. They won't have to wait much longer and it's a damn shame.

The only good program on the BBC is Top Gear, the rest is garbage.

No offense hoss but I disagree. I opine that Top Gear is a prime example of the Limey automotive mentality. They do not know jackshat about anything mechanical.
The people on this show wouldn't know a world class machine if it drove up and bit them on the arse.
I guess people watch it for the entertainment value.
Further more, I do not understand the increasingly popular use of the English in TV commercials.
Am I supposed to be impressed by the accent? Should I believe them and want to be like them because ....... well .... because they're British and therefore sophisticated?
Nope, not me, having worked around British engineering for a portion of my life I saw first hand that they couldn't be a pimple on our arse when it comes to the development and manufacture of anything with moving parts.
And they can't speak English for crap either.
As Peter Griffin refered to them; "Limey bumsniffers."

A bit snobbish, don't you think? I agree with beezer, the BBC leftie propaganda is total garbage. Top Gear is the best thing on TV.

I was doing my best to let him know what I thought of his opinion in a polite way. I could have asked who the heck died and made him Pope of sh*t mountain, but that would not be as nice. :s0112:

I agree top Gear is the best, but there are a lot of British shows that are really a hoot too, and to discount an entire network over one or two things one disagrees with is being myopic, at best.

No offense hoss but I disagree. I opine that Top Gear is a prime example of the Limey automotive mentality. They do not know jackshat about anything mechanical.
The people on this show wouldn't know a world class machine if it drove up and bit them on the arse.
I guess people watch it for the entertainment value.
Further more, I do not understand the increasingly popular use of the English in TV commercials.
Am I supposed to be impressed by the accent? Should I believe them and want to be like them because ....... well .... because they're British and therefore sophisticated?
Nope, not me, having worked around British engineering for a portion of my life I saw first hand that they couldn't be a pimple on our arse when it comes to the development and manufacture of anything with moving parts.
And they can't speak English for crap either.
As Peter Griffin refered to them; "Limey bumsniffers."

+1

They also can't own anything cool (NFA items).
And they can't control the Irish.

Our owners can go screw themselves. The Bank of England is one of the US's greatest enemies. Majority owners of the Fed and the root cause of most of our problems. BBC makes Faux news look unbiased.

Personally, I just prefer not to watch T.V. at all. This may have something to do with my opinion that it if it's on the news, regardless of channel, it's probably a lie.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top