JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm very much of the "live and let live" mindset. As long as we're not trying to forcibly convert each other, I'm completely fine with different perspectives on life.

A friend of mine who spent time in the Middle East once told me why he thought Western-style democracy wouldn't take hold over there (his opinion). He said there's this tribal mindset. The oppressed people want freedom. They work and fight for it. When they have their freedom what do they do? Do they magnanimously extend freedom to their enemies and develop a system of checks and balances so they can all have freedom? What a silly thought! No, they use their new-found freedom to oppress their enemies.

It seems like there is more of that tribal perspective here now as well. People seem less inclined to "live and let live", and instead want to destroy their political enemies. I have no problem with a peace-loving, law-abiding liberal being armed, and I welcome to shoot with me at the range any liberal who has no problem with me being armed.

It does make me MAD, though, when most of them go home and vote for the most extreme enemies of the 2nd Amendment, but such is life.

Fixed it for ya.
This... "They support the 2A but then they vote for the politicians that are tearing it apart."o_Oo_Oo_O

Fixed it for ya.
This... "They support the 2A but then they vote for the politicians that are tearing it apart."o_Oo_Oo_O

I don't mean this as derogatory, but the reply is always the same: they support the right to bear arms, but other issues are more important. In other words, it's a secondary issue.

I have to look at it as a positive that they might be at least some small influence with the policy makers on their side of the isle, because with the current binary nature of politics where most often the only pro-gun candidate is the conservative candidate, a pro-gun liberal will almost never vote pro-gun.

I honestly don't mean that as an attack, just an observation of reality.

Yup. Walking encyclopedias of firearm knowledge, some of them.
Don't know any personally that drive a Prius, but I'm sure some do.
:s0162: I know one. Well I haven't seen him in a while but he did have a Prius and a bunch of guns at the same time.

The funny thing to me is how surprised some people would be if they knew who the liberal gun owners were at the range.
Heh, I caught a member of our club making an off color remark about liberals in general and asked him what percentage of our membership he though voted Democrat. Didn't get a response other than a dirty look. My guess was at least 30%.
I don't like what that transgender person says about the right. What have we been doing for decades? Nothing, I've done nothing. If that's how some people view it, it concerns me as their reasons for owning a gun is against another ideology.

My reasons have nothing to do with opposing a person based on ideology. Instead its about preservation of self, loved ones, and if it gets to it the rights.
I've shot with literally thousands of people, rednecks to beatniks, trannies to grannies, indoors, outdoors and out in the middle of nowhere, and I've never seen anyone with the targets she described. I'd like to know where she gets her information.

<soapbox> Also, once again someone who should know better is telling the public that "The Government" grants us the right to keep and bear arms. Not even close. Read the 2nd Amendment again, slower this time. </soapbox>

d4af465bd9c549d10828028fe5af65c0.jpg

:s0162: I know one. Well I haven't seen him in a while but he did have a Prius and a bunch of guns at the same time.

I have a Prius and I'm not a liberal. I did for years, however, have an hour commute to work, for which Prius was perfect. I'm just not into cars, or motorsports. My dad was not a motorhead, and I wasn't raised to be one either. I don't see the sense in spending money on a depreciable asset that will be dated in 5 years. And I like not having a car payment, as I prefer to spend money on my hobbies.

Don't judge the car, judge the man. If you have to judge the car, judge by the stickers on the back of the car.

1. I have owned one Civic Hybrid, three of those maligned Priusi, and now a RAV4 Hybrid. Most of those vehicles were bought "in another life" because of a daily 150 mile RT commute on SoCal freeways. Although I'm not in that place anymore, the savings at the pump have sort of permanently grown on me.

2. That "I", above, is the same "I" who has carried firearms while hunting since since 1956, and carried concealed (on & off duty) since 1974. So F (orget) all you folks who put down Prius owners as somehow unworthy of breathing your air. I have reasons for driving what I drive, just as you have reasons for driving what you drive. Let's just leave driving - and what we drive - as simply something we do for getting from A to B, or for the pure fun of it, or whatever turns your crank, OK? (Save your look-down & put-down stuff for folks who admit to owning a Hi-Point. ;) )

3. Regarding that BBC video. Wow, wouldn't you like to see that piece on 60 Minutes? Keep wishing. Can you imagine any - I say ANY - U.S. Mainstream Media allowing those positive comments about firearm ownership to even be be aired without talking over them or disparaging them as bunkum? Would any of our MSM actually select for interview any gun owners who appear to be clean, calm, articulate, and rational persons? Could that video be a hint that BBC just might be a decent source of balanced reporting of other events in our country . . . at least in comparison to the polarized reporting that we see from U.S. news outlets?

1. I have owned one Civic Hybrid, three of those maligned Priusi, and now a RAV4 Hybrid. Most of those vehicles were bought "in another life" because of a daily 150 mile RT commute on SoCal freeways. Although I'm not in that place anymore, the savings at the pump have sort of permanently grown on me.

2. That "I", above, is the same "I" who has carried firearms while hunting since since 1956, and carried concealed (on & off duty) since 1974. So F (orget) all you folks who put down Prius owners as somehow unworthy of breathing your air. I have reasons for driving what I drive, just as you have reasons for driving what you drive. Let's just leave driving - and what we drive - as simply something we do for getting from A to B, or for the pure fun of it, or whatever turns your crank, OK? (Save your look-down & put-down stuff for folks who admit to owning a Hi-Point. ;) )

3. Regarding that BBC video. Wow, wouldn't you like to see that piece on 60 Minutes? Keep wishing. Can you imagine any - I say ANY - U.S. Mainstream Media allowing those positive comments about firearm ownership to even be be aired without talking over them or disparaging them as bunkum? Would any of our MSM actually select for interview any gun owners who appear to be clean, calm, articulate, and rational persons? Could that video be a hint that BBC just might be a decent source of balanced reporting of other events in our country . . . at least in comparison to the polarized reporting that we see from U.S. news outlets?
Hey, hey, whoa there, nobody said Prius drivers were unworthy of breathing our air. They're just, well you know. :D

*Totally kidding, just sarcasm, couldn't resist.

I see and sell to a lot more hipsters at gun shows. They take that Glock or AR out to their Prius feeling more manly.
You should have seen the arsenal in my Prius this morning.

Saves me money for more ammo and guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top