JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best is when you convince over time someone who was no guns and didn't care much for guns and likes Pot too much to slowly warm up to the idea of guns that they eventually start asking you on suggestions for one to get and how to get a CHL. Good feel.

Those Folks have been out there for years. I've seen them at the Different Ranges I've worked at over the years. The BBC is just a bit slow on the up take! :):):)

True, this is nothing new. It's just with the big increase of people joining the ranks of those that have been gun guys & gals for many years the media critters are sitting up and taking notice. Slow on the uptake as usual, but better late than never.

The only way we can hold the line in Oregon is if we play nice with other tribes that agree on this issue. I take just about anyone that is interested to the range and I supply the guns and ammo. It changes a lot of minds.

I know we shouldn't be playing favorites here, but of the four I liked the first two the best...
Glad to see these people getting media coverage tho, hopefully there is less of a stereotype about gun owners because of it.

Last Edited:
I know we shouldn't be playing favoeites here, but of the four I liked the first two the best...
Glad to see these people getting media coverage tho, hopefully there is less of a stereotype about gun owners because of it.

It's an ensemble cast. You're allowed favorites. ;-)
The first is Piper who has done a lot to train up and arm LGBT people after the Pulse nightclub massacre. She's great.
The ex-Navy officer I don't know, but I like his line about how as a black man he wants cops who pull him over for the proverbial "broken tail-light" to consider him not armed and not dangerous, but at the same time he wants tiki-torch carrying Nazis to consider him both armed and dangerous and leave him the f*ck alone.
Lara, the AR toting 40-something soccer mom is our LGC spokesperson. Good people.

It's just regrettable that their politics continually undermine their own rights and most won't acknowledge that dynamic.
I'll readily acknowledge it, and for some of us it is complicated. But some of us also choose either not to vote or vote write-in when it comes to anti-gun candidates.

But many liberals aren't going to vote for a conservative platform any more than a conservative would vote for a liberal one... even if they're in disagreement with one or more planks. Liberal gun owners find it more palatable - and effective - to persuade liberal politicians of the error of their anti-gun ways.

It's just regrettable that their politics continually undermine their own rights and most won't acknowledge that dynamic.

I've seen 3 Democratic Senators and Representatives in Salem so far with 4 more scheduled for next week and another one the week after that. The reception has been pretty warm and friendly and they are at least willing to listen to us. I'd like to think it's doing some good. The intelligence gathered on what's going on behind the scenes alone makes it worth it.

I've seen 3 Democratic Senators and Representatives in Salem so far with 4 more scheduled for next week and another one the week after that. The reception has been pretty warm and friendly and they are at least willing to listen to us. I'd like to think it's doing some good. The intelligence gathered on what's going on behind the scenes alone makes it worth it.

Judging by the bills that died on the floor, maybe its working better than they let on.

Judging by the bills that died on the floor, maybe its working better than they let on.

Thanks, but I think it has more to do with the politics behind the scenes. The Democratic leadership has let it be known that they do not want to spend the political capital on getting a gun ban or "assault weapons" ban passed through the legislature right now. These bills are for show and unlikely to pass. All 3 of the people I've seen so far have said the same thing: the "safe gun storage" bill is the one to watch and of all of them is the most likely to pass in some form.

The BBC is slow when it comes to firearm ownership in the US of A.

The American news (?!?) is almost as backwards if not more in specific matters when they want to rant about gun folks being a bunch of old, white, uneducated, hillbilly, etc. men while they throw in their nasty CARD playing words.

Gun folks (Males and females.) come in all political flavors, backgrounds, colors, etc. and they ALWAYS DID even if they did not get publicity.

Many years ago on some old, long gone MSN boards and other boards, I wrote about the Pink Pistols when they first formed their group.

I couldn't see why a specific group of people needed to form their own 'safe group' based on their sexuality (Male or female or ?) but I said that if they supported the SECOND AMENDMENT and supported liberty - more power to them.

I met some members of the PP on a few old boards/forums and we discussed GUNS and freedom. I may not have agreed with them in several issues and vice versa and we got along fine. Some of them lived around the 'beltway' in my former East Coast state and one PP member lived in farm/lake country in the GL region. My late husband's state. That man was in a political group with me.

Anyway, the PP let any person join their group. I think that this is still the same deal. A bunch of them were already members of the NRA and/or the GOA. Some of them were small l and Large L Libertarians. Some of them were conservatives but most of them were liberals.

They wanted to talk about self defense issues BIG TIME and the Second Amendment. But self defense was their main topic many, many years ago.

Pink Pistols

Some people like to stereotype GUN people on their looks or political stances. I was told that I didn't LOOK like a gun lady a few times. Like what the HECK is a gun person (Female.) supposed to look like? Only a person who wears jeans and boots 100% of the time?!

A close doctor family friend in Maryland where I grew up from the age of one year old until I married a USN Veteran owned a handgun and she spoke about it too. (I don't know what she owned other that it was a handgun and I didn't really care about brands and so forth at that age.) She drove a MB 280SL (?) if my memory serves me right (Cars did interest me.) and she was from another country. She became an American citizen and married another doctor. Anyway, way back when, before Maryland went even more crazy in gun issues... she got a gun for safety. She took some training - no clue where and I think that she may have been allowed a permit but I am NOT positive. ALL I know is that an incident happened to her while she was going back to Baltimore from the Eastern Shore. And that was that! SHE did not need to be convinced that she needed a GUN and this was BEFORE the RIOTS in the city in the middle to late 60's. If Some People LOOKED at this lady, considered her background, etc. - they would think that she did not LOOK like a gun owning lady.

Freedom lovers that LOVE this Republic and it's Constitution come in all flavors!

Yours in liberty,

Cate

PS:

Condoleeza Rice has spoken about PRO gun rights and her Father guarding her home and her entire family in many interviews.

Alan Keyes who I supported and voted for (Many moons ago in a presidential primary.) has spoken about pro gun rights as an AMERICAN not just as a black man too. He shot at our range here in MT but I never got to meet him. My late Aunt C. knew him through some MD politics.

I don't know where the BBC got some of the people for the BBC interview but in my boonies (Farm/lake former state.) outdoor range (Sportsman's Club) and in my former indoor range back there we had ALL KINDS of people as members, attend and shoot. Black, white, some from Mideastern backgrounds-American citizens (A new Mosque was built in my former rural county. In my former county but not my township. I lived in the country a few miles from a TINY VILLAGE.) and some from south of the border countries.

The one person mentioned that she had targets with a southern hate group on them. They showed her targets.

I have NEVER SEEN a target like that OR the ones that she mentioned that were NASTY towards some people who hated other people so that is WHY she had a role reversal target.

Stupid idea in my opinion.

Heck, I have never seen a TARGET with OBL on it in person when he was a 'freedom fighter' fighting the Russians and then became a 'terrorist' to us. Maybe on some thing on the internet but NOT at a gun range - public or private.

I have NEVER SEEN those 'nasty targets' towards any group of people at any range that I have shot at - private or public and most ranges will NOT let you have a picture that PORTRAYS a real person other than a body shape or a bullseye target. The police and military use some real looking targets and I have seen them in real life. But our GUN RULES at a public and private range do not allow them. Indoor and outdoor ranges.

I have been to private and public ranges (BLM land too.) in MT, CO, MI, OH and one in NY that I barely remember as a kid. I shot at ones in MT, CO and OH. I did not shoot at one in MI but I was offered to JOIN UP as a member and asked to shoot as a GUEST. I never shot in NY but I remember it vaguely as a kid. I never shot growing up in MD. I never shot in VA as a bride.

I have NEVER SEEN a target with shooters portraying a Arabic person, Muslim or not, and I have NEVER seen a target showing a black man, a Mexican man or any other thing that she described in her speech about 'hate crimes'.

I think that it was an interesting clip but I think that all of the 'hate crime' talk is a bit overdone with the BBC view on AMERICANS and their, gasp, GUNS!

Thank you for sharing it.

Cate

Last Edited:
I have said this before..but I still think that it would be worth saying again.

Years ago the NRA had a ad campaign that was called : "I'm the NRA"...In which folks talked about their profession ,
family , home and "Oh ,yeah , I'm also a member of the NRA...

A new campaign "I'm the 2nd Amendment"...showcasing :
The many different folks who own and shoot firearms...
Explaining who they are , where they work...
Perhaps telling of the many reasons as to why , they have firearms...
Along with the acknowledgement that these folks are all safely enjoying their 2nd Amendment Right...
May not be amiss to do now...
Andy

I have said this before..but I still think that it would be worth saying again.

Years ago the NRA had a ad campaign that was called : "I'm the NRA"...In which folks talked about their profession , family , home and "Oh ,yeah , I'm also a member of the NRA...

A new campaign "I'm the 2nd Amendment"...showcasing :
The many different folks who own and shoot firearms...
Explaining who they are , where they work...
Perhaps telling of the many reasons as to why , they have firearms...
Along with the acknowledgement that these folks are all safely enjoying their 2nd Amendment Right...
May not be amiss to do now...
Andy

I like that idea a lot. "Normalizing" guns and gun culture among certain influential demographics is real and important work to be done. Despite the jokes, a goal is to make it socially acceptable and OK to have a gun in the Prius along with the bags of kale from New Seasons (FYI: I hate friggin' kale) and yoga pants. When a gun is as likely to be found in a Prius as in a pickup our 2A rights will be far more secure. I've already run a similar idea past our people.

Just getting people exposed to the novel idea that there are all kinds of gun owning people is helpful in itself.
A recent phone conversation with a Legislative aide:

Me: "Hello, I'm (name other than Huck), and I'm the Oregon Chapter President of the Liberal Gun Club..."

Aide, interrupting: "Wait....say that again???" :s0112:

Must of been a slow news week. The washington post also had a article, the heavily armed millennials of instagram, a couple of days ago. While definitely slanted, I did find it interesting, probably because I'm not a millennial and I try to avoid social media.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top