JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was thinking about making a bb/pellet trap target. Shooting from my dining room through the kitchen and into the garage where the target will sit...lol. thats about 100ft or so... no1 could hear that so I might go that route instead of the backyard. Any shooting is better than watching tv. Do you think that would be legal shooting gallery?

My neighbors to the right are close friends, not sure about the left and my fence backs up to a couple acres of protected marsh land but if it is illegal I won't do it. Growing up in Eugene we used to walk a local orchard shooting birds and squirells all day... too bad for our kids generation. It's a sad world city living. I want to move to the country asap

There inlies the reason they restrict where you can shoot.

Unsupervised kids shooting birds for no apparent reason.
Did you eat the birds or just kill for fun?
Do you teach your children to just kill little birds they aren't going to eat?

That would have ended very badly for me.
My dead father would still not let me own a firearm.

There inlies the reason they restrict where you can shoot.

Unsupervised kids shooting birds for no apparent reason.
Did you eat the birds or just kill for fun?
Do you teach your children to just kill little birds they aren't going to eat?

That would have ended very badly for me.
My dead father would still not let me own a firearm.

Well sorry for your boring childhood and having an overbearing father but the first thing I shot was a starling with my dad telling me to shoot it. I also bought my son several pellet rifles to go out and shoot birds with and he does so unsupervised as he was properly trained in the safe and responsible use of them. Not everyone is a bird lover and you dont always have to eat what you shoot.

Portland has the same thing...

14A.60.020 Discharge of a Firearm - It is unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm in the City or upon its boundaries.

I. Firearm: a pistol, revolver, gun, rifle, or other mechanism, including a miniature weapon, which projects a missile or shot by force of gunpowder or any other explosive, by spring or by compressed air.

Look at 95.160 which states if you have it in a range or shooting gallery and it does not leave the property you are good to go. Your backyard is a range isnt it? The slingshot section is only on streets, alleys and public property which means your property is OK.

so we determined that the air rifle is a firearm by definition correct?

well lucky you! I need to get on that program but we just bought our house and "she loves it" so you know how that story ends... We're on the outskirts though...so I only got a 20-25min drive to the nearest shooting spot.

If you don't mind spending $100 or so you could pick up a decent airsoft gun. They have surprising velocity and accuracy (easily shoot through both sides of an aluminum can) and are safe to shoot inside. Plus you can get a full auto SBR model :)

bummer.

I think airsoft would fall under same category as a pellet gun and this thing is alot more powerful and accurate plus it only cost me $25 :p It's a daisy powerline 35...i've already got my monies worth out of it ;) I saw a vid on you tube where a kid shoots through 11 pop cans in a single shot w/ this specific model so put that in your airsoft gun and smoke it lol

Well sorry for your boring childhood and having an overbearing father but the first thing I shot was a starling with my dad telling me to shoot it. I also bought my son several pellet rifles to go out and shoot birds with and he does so unsupervised as he was properly trained in the safe and responsible use of them. Not everyone is a bird lover and you dont always have to eat what you shoot.

Then you are an A$$,that is just stupid and very bad training for a child.
My father wasn't as overbearing as your father was obviously stupid and without any good training himself.

If you are teaching your sons it's OK to go shoot the tweety birds,you shouldn't even have firearms.

I am sorry that your sons will never have any respect for life.

I have killed close to a thousand birds almost entirely for entertainment. 1000 fish, an Elk, squrle , possum, raccoon, nutria, beaver, etc.

I ate most all of them or sold there fur. Did not eat the possums, and honestly they were not much fun to kill, but they had to go.

Lots of coyote, rat, crows that dont get eaten either. Pretty sad attitude to live with vermin rather than kill them.

I like it when the junior high attitude comes out and someone says "well they do it"

Your attitude does nothing for our hunting and gun rights.
Someone sees your boys shooting birds for fun makes the entire hunting community look like a bunch of dumb asses.

Good job sir.

I like it when the junior high attitude comes out and someone says "well they do it"

Your attitude does nothing for our hunting and gun rights.
Someone sees your boys shooting birds for fun makes the entire hunting community look like a bunch of dumb asses.

Good job sir.

You Sir do not need my son to make you look that way.

It all depends on what side of the fence you live on.

When woodpeckers endeavor to chip holes in my home, they are discretely evicted at 850 fps. Even with lightweight pellets, nothing near or on my house gets shot without a solid backstop. Nothing leaves the yard. But do my neighbors know that? Should I go knock on their doors and tell them?

For all I know, they can't tell a Crosman from a 30-06 and I'm Charles Whitman. This is Multnomah County after all. Somewhere else, it might be different. I make d*mn sure they never see anyone shooting anything.

Same thing with CCW. Why reveal something that might be misunderstood, feared, or become kindling for needless, avoidable drama?

PS, my girlfriend's 14 year old son and his buddies did some plinking on a friend's property out near Gales Creek last year. She went to pick him him up and had to wait until the boys finished BBQing some robins on the Weber. He assured me they were quite awful, and I'll take his word for it.

I have killed close to a thousand birds almost entirely for entertainment.

Imagine if everyone had this bass-ackwards attitude, there would be no birds left.

But then again, it's pretty clear you don't give a damn. And folks here wonder why some people are anti-gun. Sheesh.

Pretty sad attitude there... Killing animals/birds for entertainment.

Lots of coyote, rat, crows that dont get eaten either. Pretty sad attitude to live with vermin rather than kill them.

Wow, the schools really do suck in this country. Some people have poor reading comprehension.

I had said it was a sad attitude killing for "entertainment".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top