JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loading procedures are a little different for cast bullets than for jacketed you will usually see a spot where the full diameter bearing surface steps down to the nose diameter and you will most likely need to load short enough that this bearing surface is all enclosed in the case. A case gauge or a plunk test becomes a necessity when loading cast bullets you can't just duplicate a factory load like you can with jacketed bullets.
I just dealt with what your saying above. Loading polymer coated BadMan 135 gr FP .308 for a Winchester 94. As it were, I had quite a bit of distance from that "Ring" that was just above the crimp groove, to the lands.
It was new to me as I had only a very brief experience with cast bullets for .44, that didn't go so well, 8-9 years ago

I had issues with their product for .45 ACP. The bullets were a bit oversized, they would swell the case enough that some wouldn't fully chamber into battery. I've wondered if the thickness of the coating was not taken into account with respect to the diameter of the finished bullet. Some firms that sell coated bullets say they size the bullet AFTER coating. I'm not sure Bayou did this with the afore-mentioned .45 ACP bullets.

The response to OP by Bayou customer service is unacceptable.

The .356 sized HAP Hornady bullets were made for 38 Super
Also .357 Sig. Hornady loads their .357 Sig factory ammo with .356 dia. bullets. Including conical LE practice ammo with an enclosed nose and cannelure, bullet not sold for reloading. You can sometimes buy them as factory seconds from Midway, though.

Some of the replies defending vendor are laughable. Obviously there is variance in 9mm chambers and oversized bullets may or may not work in yours. The fact the op ordered bullets advertised at a certain size and received a different size with nothing but crickets and then mocking from Bayou is enough for me. I vote with my wallet and Bayou will not get my business. Being flippant is rarely a good business strategy.

Leatherhead bullets sent me some 300blk bullets that were oversized. Got a cheap Lee push through resizing die and fixed the problem in about 45min. Leatherhead has since gone through reorganization and name change. Suspect same will happen to Bayou if they don't clean up their act.

I don't think the problem is with the .357" measurement of the bullet . but it with your knowledge of loading 9mm . I think that Bayou bullets probably guessed that, also .
While they may have ignored you, their response is unacceptable. IMO, move on.

Loading procedures are a little different for cast bullets than for jacketed you will usually see a spot where the full diameter bearing surface steps down to the nose diameter and you will most likely need to load short enough that this bearing surface is all enclosed in the case. A case gauge or a plunk test becomes a necessity when loading cast bullets you can't just duplicate a factory load like you can with jacketed bullets.
I've not encountered a problem with any bullets up to .360. You load for the bullet and the gun. Any time you're loading for a new bullet & manufacturer, measurements, adjustments and tests are required. To have a bullet stuck in the barrel at all indicates to me you may have light powder drops too.

Got a cheap Lee push through resizing die and fixed the problem in about 45min.
IIRC, they're ~$17 and worth every penny. While I have lubrisizer dies and punches for almost all my cast bullets, the simplicity of the Lee push through sizers is awesome. I have one for every pistol caliber size, and even use one to uniform my 40 cal / 10mm cases.

LOL... I been loading just as many years as you , and I never had problems with running 357 Diam. out factory 9mm's from glocks to beretta . We are NOT talking about running the edge like 9mm major . I am more than sure , we are only talking about just loading normal pressures for 9mm with the OP's slander of a bullet makers business .
The OP problems look to be little more than the .002 difference in bullet Diam. . as loading 9mm is easy doable for most .
Slander would be stating something that is untrue. He got bullets other than what he ordered, had no communication for months, and finally got a reply to his review that was unprofessional and insulting. Where's the inaccuracy?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top