JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife has been complaining that her car smelled like a barn. I was like, ok, whatever, because her car is, well, lets just say she has a teenager motif thing going on there.

So she buys an air filter for the cabin ventilation, and of course, needs the man of the house to install it for her. So I get the glove box out, find the filter housing, open it up, start pulling out the filter. It didn't want to come. Work it a little more, and finally it gives. Was really, really dirty. With an indentation in it, almost like a mouse was sleeping on it. Wait, what? Gimme that flashlight..... oh crap!

Damn mice had nested all through the dashboard ventilation system. Took me 20-30 minutes to clean out all the debris they had squirreled away in there. I was actually impressed by the trade craft!

So its all clean now, new filter installed, I guess we're going to have to scour Craigs list for a really small cat.

How about y'all, got any cool war stories about your battles with the small furry militia?

My wife's cabin air filter was the same, just routine maintenance to find the nest built on top of it. My sons car however is a Ford. Ford in all their wisdom used wiring that has a tasty shielding (I was told it's derived from nuts) and the rodents have eaten the harness out of that car. Every time he's home from college we go out and either repair the injector harness or sensors. It's an ongoing struggle to keep up with. I've tried keeping poison in the engine bay but they seem to prefer the wiring harness. His air filter compartment and intake manifold are also pretty regularly filled with acorns as well.

Second year the mice have gotten me.

This year they munched through my windshield washer lines.

May need to burn down my acreage.

Last Edited:
Get a snake.

I had $2800 of rodent damage done to my truck a few years ago. I got some ultrasonic rodent deterrents and that seems to have taken care of it.

If the dogs wouldn't kill it, a snake in the truck would still be cool though.

You know how some car hoods are constructed with that air space in between the outer and inner panel? Well some dang critter had stashed what sounds like thousands of peanuts in that space. Now everytime I raise the hood, I hear this "whhoooooosssshhhhh" as all the peanuts roll back toward the cowl.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top