JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's one that has come by its patina honestly! IMG_0838.JPG

Wish I new more about this one. My old man bought it for a mantle piece almost 40 years ago. I think it is of Belgian origin and possibly the maker is Rikard. IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0841.JPG

I have not. I know it is probably not safe with modern loads and one would have to look into black powder loadings that it was designed for. I have hunted ducks with a wheel lock muzzleloading shotgun however and it was a hoot.

From what I have researched it was probably made in the late 1800's for import into the states. Damascus steel barrels and not super rare. A mantle hanger for sure though.

seriously I bet y'all that buy a battleworn gun have
1. Never been in battle
2. Shop at Abercrombie and fitch
3 pay way to much for jeans with stains on them
4 play way to much call of duty as a kid

If you want a gun that looks old buy an old gun. I'd have more respect if your gun looked Gold plated.

Do us all a favor don't make your gun look used because you have a guilt complex for never using it the way it was intended to be used. Would you paint your hammer to look used? I hope not.

Happy faking it Friday. On that note just because your beard is red doesn't make you Irish. Posers .

So what your saying is if someone picks up an old rifle with some history and character to it the first thing they should do is spray it with some dura cote or Krylon just because they did not serve in the armed forces?

I do get a chuckle out of posers. I have seen them at the range with the black tactical vest shooting from the hip and driving off in their Miata.

So what your saying is if someone picks up an old rifle with some history and character to it the first thing they should do is spray it with some dura cote or Krylon just because they did not serve in the armed forces?

I do get a chuckle out of posers. I have seen them at the range with the black tactical vest shooting from the hip and driving off in their Miata.
No I feel that's different, buying a new gun and painting it to look used or old is like buying new jeans with stains and holes in em at a inflated price because they are designer jeans, the idea of a designer gun is just sill, albeit sometimes really cool looking, I guess I'm just a function over form kind of guy.

Now I'll always wonder if the guy in Walmart wearing camo, who drives a pickup with lots of bumper stickers has a battle worn gun. Dammut

I played call of duty. Not so fun.

Sighed up for three years and ended up doing almost four!
I probably should have read the small print. [ In time's of war] o_O
Same here except after doing a tour and braking my back my last year was in a medical hold just to get out!

Since my beard is mostly grey / white , and I actually went to and passed Ranger School and went on to serve in LRRP and LRSD units while in the army does that mean that I was a "operator" waaaay too long? :D
By the way .. I really dislike the term "operator" .
I was Infantry by way of Airborne and Ranger ... nothing more and nothing less.
Andy
Hey another blue corded brother!

First off, all these guns are simply old and used and NOT brand new designer distressed guns.

Trying to get this thread back on track, I just bought this great shooting jacket

upload_2017-3-17_18-58-18.png

and want to know if these boots are too butch to go with it or should I just stay with the birkenstocks? upload_2017-3-17_19-0-0.png

First off, all these guns are simply old and used and NOT brand new designer distressed guns.

Trying to get this thread back on track, I just bought this great shooting jacket

View attachment 350372

and want to know if these boots are too butch to go with it or should I just stay with the birkenstocks?View attachment 350373
I think not all people understood the term "battle-worn". You did though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top