JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't disagree with anything you said. That said, an untrained person is not going to be as effective with any weapon including a gun, guns are just a little easier and more forgiving. You don't want to be the guy getting shot to death with his own gun either.

Of course batons are a deadly weapon, that is what I like about them, they can be used as a less lethal alternative or instantly ratcheted up the scale simply by how it is used. My school of thought is self defense goes way beyond the gun and that includes hands on, impact and improvised weapons.

One thing to look at is the state law regarding definitions and classifications of weapons. In WA, an ASP fits the definition of a deadly weapon. That being said, using a deadly weapon absent a deadly threat would be iffy legally and practically. But, in a "any means necessary" situation, dance with the girl you brought. If you're found to have used the ASP lawfully in defense of your life or from substantial harm, at least in WA, you won't get convicted and you can't be sued. You'll also get reimbursed legal fees.

"So cops should be the only ones with handcuffs and baton?"

I'm guessing your statement is 'tongue in cheek', but if not, I wonder: Do you carry handcuffs, baton with your carry gun?

You do realize, carrying handcuffs and a baton requires, absolutely requires a: CHL badge and an ability to stay cool when laughter ensues?

PS: Serial killers and other cool guys love handcuffs and vans without windows?

I was a LEO and trained with the PR-24 and can't say I was really impressed. What I did see that seemed to be a lot better was the riot baton. You hold it at both ends to push or shove rioters or uncooperative demonstrators. You can also strike a painful blow the same way, just harder. You can use the end to jab with. I'm not a fan of swinging a stick as you give up too much and make yourself vulnerable. The riot baton seems to work well for horse mounted officers.

If I had to smack somebody I think I'd rather use an asp or a blackjack. The big thing these days is pepper spray and the taser. The more standoff the better.

I was a LEO and trained with the PR-24 and can't say I was really impressed. What I did see that seemed to be a lot better was the riot baton. You hold it at both ends to push or shove rioters or uncooperative demonstrators. You can also strike a painful blow the same way, just harder. You can use the end to jab with. I'm not a fan of swinging a stick as you give up too much and make yourself vulnerable. The riot baton seems to work well for horse mounted officers.

If I had to smack somebody I think I'd rather use an asp or a blackjack. The big thing these days is pepper spray and the taser. The more standoff the better.
I got PR24 training too. My conclusion then and now, some people can hit really really hard, tool or not, and some just can't.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top