JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, the target with a baton is those areas where nerves pass over bone near the surface of the body ... namely the joints. But, in the field against a resisting target the joints are a hard target to hit, improper use can break the bones, the shock transmitted back to the user is problematic, you can strike yourself if you miss (especially with the side handled PR24) and it really only takes minimal training to disarm a user ... even a well trained officer because the arm is extended in use and can be used as a lever against you.

There are a host of other reasons they are out of favor, not the least of which is the barbaric appearance of the person striking another with the tool ... perception in this day and age is a serious and valid concern.

I'm so sick of this "UNIDENTIFIED FEDERAL AGENTS" garbage.
As long as they identify themselves to the person upon arrest there is no requirement for them to wear ID or jackets with the agency name on them. That some made-up BS that the left threw out there to discredit what the feds were doing.

There is a small unit of police in San Diego who carried nunchaku. I laughed every time I saw them. Effective, sure, but only if you are very highly trained, which none of them were.

And they took it way too seriously. Because they were only a few folks on the list approved for them. And every single one of them did. Even after a few "lost" encounters where they were deployed.

A Baton , AKA ASP is a deadly weapon, especially in the hands of an untrained person.

I used to watch the Fed Bois doing their inservice with the ASP on target dumbies. Its not something you want to be on the receiving end of.

A Baton , AKA ASP is a deadly weapon, especially in the hands of an untrained person.

I used to watch the Fed Bois doing their inservice with the ASP on target dumbies. Its not something you want to be on the receiving end of.

I'll frak you up six ways from Sunday with mine.... I'm not restricted by any PC department policy usage, and if you've gotten to the point that I have to whip it out, you can be rest assured IDGAF about your civil rights nor the legality of using it on you at that point.... you'll have far more pressing concerns on your hands to worry about.o_O

44FA2525-1359-450E-9556-4D4C7FB1C412.jpeg

In all the altercations I have been in that became violent, whether I was armed or not, I have found the quickest way to inflict immediate, debilitating damage is with my hands, or whatever was in my hands already. Thats why I carry a tactical pen. It is innocuous enough to be in hand without seeming a weapon and effective if employed correctly. Again, this is in situations where I was already in close proximity.

Over the decades since the violent 60s, there has been a litany of supposed miracle police defense weapons, both material and psychological. From the Monadnock side handle baton (PR24), to the stun gun, to goofy butterfly nets, various pepper sprays, the Taser, verbal judo(?) you name it. Bottom line: short of firearm use, the standard police beat-down was, is and shall remain the gold standard. We are not re-inventing combat.

We need to bring back the Police beat downs. They had a great effect on the community.

Want to act like an bubblegum, get your bubblegum pushed in.
Want to fight with the cops, Get a Liberal Application of Hickory Shampoo.
Want to beat on your wife and kids, Have the squad beat you till you piss blood.

The fear of a police asswhooping where you know his friends were close behind to join in on the fun, kept people safe. People want to run their mouth and fight with the police, escalating force resulting in them being killed. Had the cops been able to stop dat bubblegum, many would still be alive with the added benefit of a lesson that may change their behavior in the future.

We live in a world where people don't have consequences and kids growing up with pathetic excuses for parents who did not instill discipline and respect in their bang fruit. The best lessons are the ones learned in pain. Someone has to do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top