JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Do you see why people refer to gun rights advocates as kooky? Are you reading any of your posts? This fascination with my posts is bizarre. My only point is being a right wing kook hurts gun rights. I am in favor of gun rights. Therefore, I oppose right wing kookiness. Only in a kooky world can that be controversial.

"You must espouse the most extreme possible right wing view, or we will destroy you." Taliban.

And it takes like, what, a dozen of you guys obsessing about one dissenter from your dogma? How weird is that? Come on. Where is the tolerance for other peoples' views? Slam mine. I slam yours. That's fair. But this collective obsession with my dissent from the hard right point of view is pathological.

Dang, CEF you've been asked several times where you glean "your information".

Now that we can't trust the internet, right wing blogs, news papers, TV or the GOA. Please give us a source for the "REAL UNBIASED" truth. Where do harvest your "fact-based, reality-based, kook-free" information ? Please be specific, you seem to be the only one who isn't concerned about a "real threat" to "gun or hunter rights" from this administration. Your wait till it happens, then be concerned, to late to take action approach on this, seems to be how you would have the gun community handle any perceived threats to to the 2nd amendment....

Please contribute a "reliable source" instead of blah, blah, blah, blah.......:s0129:

CEF - Have you ever played chess??? If so, then you understand that chess strategy requires getting all of your pieces in the right places and then executing that strategy utilizing all of them. Politics is a lot like chess. For the past several months the administration has been trying to put pieces in place. Cass Sunstein is a pawn. On his own he's not much of a threat, but put him in the right position with the right support, and he can be a huge threat...

To win a chess (or politics, or life) you have to prevent your opponent from executing his strategy while successfully executing your own. You seem content to let your opponent put pieces anywhere he wants and then try to respond when you're about to be checkmated. By then, it's too late!

Here's the difference: In chess, the whole point is to KILL the other side. Demolish him. Win the game. So every move is calculated toward a zero sum game in which one side must kill the other. No common ground. All or nothing.

American politics, as I know it, is not that way. It's about developing or conserving the kind of society and political system we can all live within. All of us (including people who don't look like us or share our views). Same with life. Apparently you see both politics and life as kill or be killed. Glad you confessed that. It says a lot. Do your wife, kids, coworkers, and neighbors know about your kill or be killed philosophy of life?

Sorry, Cheeto, with so many posts directed exclusively at me, it's tough to keep up. That real life thing gets in the way sometimes, you know. Anyway, I read the National Review, the Wall Street Journal, the NY Times, the Washington Post, the New Republic, the American Spectator, the Washington Times, the Oregonian, the BBC online, Fox News online, and lots of other stuff. Sometimes I listen to the BBC world news on the radio, or NPR or conservative talk radio (usually by satellite). Oh, and I forgot about Guns and Ammo, which I buy but don't subscribe to, and Motorcyclist, Motorcycle Consumer News, Cycle Sport, Sports Illustratred, and Sport Rider.

How about you? Do you also get a variety of viewpoints? Or is that a sign of "elitism"? It's hard to know around here.

In fact, why don't we all chime in on what news we read... I mean, we're all intelligent participants in this kind of debate, so I'm sure we all read lots of points of view to make sure we aren't just being indoctrinated, right?

Dang, CEF you've been asked several times where you glean "your information".

Please contribute a "reliable source" instead of blah, blah, blah, blah.......:s0129:

Why is it that in every post CEF responds to he make assumptions of what others think and counters with negative remarks while the mods do nothing?

Yes, I have done something...deleted peoples posts, including those made by CEF.

And will close this thread as its strayed to far off from the original topic...which was?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads