JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not cherry picking anything. Those who think the case was a "win" are oblivious as to what the court said without coming out and saying it. They did that a couple of years later. The Right you had to Keep and Bear Arms PRIOR to Heller is not the same "right" you were left with afterward. Heller reduced the Right to a privilege. That's not cherry picking; it is a significant difference.

Care to provide evidence of this interpretation? To my knowledge, the most sweeping federal legislation ever implemented was the AWB of 1994; this occurred well before the Heller decision and was allowed to ride out its entire course! Since the Heller decision, we have seen only a bump stock ban at the federal level.

If the 2nd Amendment was so much stronger before Heller, how do you explain the extreme restrictions that were allowed under the 1994 AWB?

I don't know who you think you're addressing.............................................

Obviously, or you would have realized that if your intent is to educate the masses and not Trump bash, well then, I weren't talking 'bout you, was I?

MY point, which is pretty much exactly what I said, is that blaming the last guy for the actions of the present guy is a waste of time and misdirected effort.

Of course he didn't use executive actions from 2008-2016; he was only the Vice President! Also, gun control simply wasn't on the national agenda in Obama's first couple years (healthcare and economic recession being the chief concerns).

Thankfully by the time the Second Amendment came back in the crosshairs, Republicans had taken back the House and the Supreme Court ruled favorably in the Heller case.

From 2010 till the end of Obama's presidency there was nothing they could do to further their gun control agenda!
No Obama could have done what trump did and violate the constitution to reclassify guns thank god he didn't because he can at least accept No and you lost. Trump did it and people who voted for him need to know that's how we ended up with Biden and now Trumps blueprint to circumvent the constitution to get gun control passed. It's really that simple.

Care to provide evidence of this interpretation? To my knowledge, the most sweeping federal legislation ever implemented was the AWB of 1994; this occurred well before the Heller decision and was allowed to ride out its entire course! Since the Heller decision, we have seen only a bump stock ban at the federal level.

If the 2nd Amendment was so much stronger before Heller, how do you explain the extreme restrictions that were allowed under the 1994 AWB?

I can explain this to you in terms I understand, but you might not. I've lobbied, litigated, and been affected personally by gun control for about a half a century. Can you relate to that?

When I was 13 I boarded a school bus with a .22 caliber rifle. The bus driver asked me if it were loaded. I said "no sir." He asked about ammo and I had it in my pockets. So, he said I should put it in my locker when I got to school and leave it until some friends and I went out after school to shoot. How would that scenario play out in today's society? You and I come from different worlds.

Television is an entertainment medium that can give you an idea of what people accept as normal for the times the show is being made in. When I was a kid, a popular show was Rin Tin Tin. It featured a boy of about 11 that had his own .22 caliber rifle. Then there was the Cisco kid and his sidekick - two Mexican do gooders with six shooters helping tame the wild west. Then, most of the time the town sheriff was once a bad guy that spent a couple of years in the hoosegow and went on to do good and become the town's armed sheriff. Again, would that be normal in your generation?

By the time 1994 came around, I had been fighting gun control for almost 18 years. Think about it. I was 17 when my first letter to the editor was published in the Macon Telegraph News. The AWB got its chance; gun control don't work. It failed to be renewed because it was ineffective. But, the gun Rights lobby has been ineffective because they have not fought gun control with the knowledge of where their Rights come from.

Obviously, or you would have realized that if your intent is to educate the masses and not Trump bash, well then, I weren't talking 'bout you, was I?

MY point, which is pretty much exactly what I said, is that blaming the last guy for the actions of the present guy is a waste of time and misdirected effort.

Okay, my bad. But, I was guilty of hating on Trump over that bump stock deal. You're right. And, if you think about it, we, the people are to blame for the situation we're in today. Most people do not understand the origins of their Rights, don't care, and won't take the time to consider it and do some serious research. We donate to ineffective gun lobbying organizations to worry for us. Nothing gets done.

It's always been legal to sell a completed 80% with the detail of it was built for personal use, not resale.

Folks have been selling 0-80% completed firearms for decades.

not in certain states. Its illegal to have a unregistered, un-serialized 80% paperweight in Hawaii now. Its not federally illegal, but it is illegal in the state. They also made it illegal to have any tools to complete a paperweight and because of their negative IQ scores, they forgot to designate what tools so that means drills are illegal now too.

They are going to try and make all shotguns illegal this year too. I'm very interested to see what happens.

not in certain states. Its illegal to have a unregistered, un-serialized 80% paperweight in Hawaii now. Its not federally illegal, but it is illegal in the state. They also made it illegal to have any tools to complete a paperweight and because of their negative IQ scores, they forgot to designate what tools so that means drills are illegal now too.

They are going to try and make all shotguns illegal this year too. I'm very interested to see what happens.
I'm glad I left that cesspool....

I can explain this to you in terms I understand, but you might not. I've lobbied, litigated, and been affected personally by gun control for about a half a century. Can you relate to that?

When I was 13 I boarded a school bus with a .22 caliber rifle. The bus driver asked me if it were loaded. I said "no sir." He asked about ammo and I had it in my pockets. So, he said I should put it in my locker when I got to school and leave it until some friends and I went out after school to shoot. How would that scenario play out in today's society? You and I come from different worlds.

Television is an entertainment medium that can give you an idea of what people accept as normal for the times the show is being made in. When I was a kid, a popular show was Rin Tin Tin. It featured a boy of about 11 that had his own .22 caliber rifle. Then there was the Cisco kid and his sidekick - two Mexican do gooders with six shooters helping tame the wild west. Then, most of the time the town sheriff was once a bad guy that spent a couple of years in the hoosegow and went on to do good and become the town's armed sheriff. Again, would that be normal in your generation?

By the time 1994 came around, I had been fighting gun control for almost 18 years. Think about it. I was 17 when my first letter to the editor was published in the Macon Telegraph News. The AWB got its chance; gun control don't work. It failed to be renewed because it was ineffective. But, the gun Rights lobby has been ineffective because they have not fought gun control with the knowledge of where their Rights come from.

I honestly appreciate your anecdotes and we definitely come from different times; however, that is why I find it disingenuous to blame Trump for major progress against the 2nd Amendment.

My early childhood was spent under the AWB of 1994 and I had no clue about it until I was in high school. I was already very into firearms, but as I approached gun buying age, I started realizing how terrible that AWB must have been for gun-owners at the time!

In my adult life I have seen the firearms industry flourish with basically zero federal restrictions. I can go order a .50BMG rifle or twenty 60-round AR magazines if I wanted. Thanks to a Trump appointed judge, even a state like California might be on its way to start shedding its unconstitutional restrictions!

From my personal experience, I just don't think your argument against Trump makes any sense; not when things in many cases have gotten better, especially compared to what happened in the 90s and early 2000s!

That's great; since when did politicians saying they will do something pass legal muster? Banning "assault rifles" with Executive Action is way different than banning a bump stock!

If you really think it is Trump's fault that Biden/Harris are pursuing unilateral action to attack the 2nd Amendment, go right on ahead! What does it change though? Trump is gone and Biden's actions are his own; time to move forward and focus on the real enemy!
No it's not if you can classify a piece of plastic as a machine gun like did. Which is huge over reach. She and Biden will use his blue print to label semi autos as weapons of war or destructive devices at very least AOW. Watch. Be glad you voted for Trump who did this nD all his horrible bubblegum he did lead to America chowing Biden and Harris.

it now only costs $350 to print to a firearm, including the printer's cost.

2021-02-22_13-43-05.png

BGC to have a 3d Printer?
Buy springs?

Lets see. Back in 1986, 25 States were "May Issue", 15 States were "No Issue", 1 State was "unrestricted/Constitutional carry" in terms of conceal carry laws/permits/license.. with 9 States being "Shall Issue". Now in 2021; believe there are 0/zero "No Issue" States, 18 Unrestricted/Constitutional Carry States (some limited to residents, some have particular exemptions)... and there are still some ""may Issue"" (likely no issue) States :rolleyes:

On one hand, that is a significant regaining of gun rights with regards to handguns and conceal carry.. on the other hand.. several States have gone the other way to focus on certain types of firearms :confused::(:s0054:

This all seems familiar to me. I remember the early 80's when you could buy MAC-10 kits (full auto) and suppressor kits and it was all legal, until they were assembled. Sounds like they're repeating it, and trying to make everything high-capacity an NFA item.

Lets see. Back in 1986, 25 States were "May Issue", 15 States were "No Issue", 1 State was "unrestricted/Constitutional carry" in terms of conceal carry laws/permits/license.. with 9 States being "Shall Issue". Now in 2021; believe there are 0/zero "No Issue" States, 18 Unrestricted/Constitutional Carry States (some limited to residents, some have particular exemptions)... and there are still some ""may Issue"" (likely no issue) States :rolleyes:

On one hand, that is a significant regaining of gun rights with regards to handguns and conceal carry.. on the other hand.. several States have gone the other way to focus on certain types of firearms :confused::(:s0054:

We shouldn't have to ask permission to use a right. Plus politicians almost never give us anything without taking two or three things in return that completely nullify what they "gave". They may have given us "shall issue" concealed carry, but then they make it illegal to carry in 90% of the public places even with a CCW permit... Not to mention the other assaults on the second amendment such as red-flag laws, universal background checks, AWBs, etc....

We shouldn't have to ask permission to use a right. Plus politicians almost never give us anything without taking two or three things in return that completely nullify what they "gave". They may have given us "shall issue" concealed carry, but then they make it illegal to carry in 90% of the public places even with a CCW permit... Not to mention the other assaults on the second amendment such as red-flag laws, universal background checks, AWBs, etc....
Indeed. I'm just pointing out that in 1986, one had to get permission to exercise carry rights in some States, and most States were unlikely to issue permits by being ""may"" and "no issue" :rolleyes: (Most notably... Texas, it was a No-Issue State until the 2000s) but now, it looks like a third or so are unrestricted, and the majority are technically "shall issue"

But like I said... other than that, several States went full mental on certain firearm designs and magazine capacity :s0054:

WHOA THERE YOUNGIN.

IN 1973 I got on a school bus with an M1 carbine and a loaded magazine. Put it my locker removing it for my third period English class where I used it as a prop for my speech " How to field strip and clean the M1 carbine" I received an A. I then after class put it back in my locker and at the end of the day took it home on the school bus.

As to how long I been involved with fighting gun control as an 9 year old in 1968 I was right there with my dad at Four corners Rod and gun club while the meeting talked about little other then the coming gun control act.

At 13 I was a junior member of the club and by 14 shooting on the Salem Boys Club rifle team.

in 89 I was at and testified during the hearings that changed Oregon Concealed carry laws if you want proof I can show you the newspaper clippings where I was quoted.

So get off your high and mighty horsey lots of people here been fighting the good fight for a long time.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads