JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its illegal in Hawaii now to have any tool that can be readily used to finish an 80% receiver. So I guess that means my drill press is an assault drill press now. We slid all the way down the slope.

I'm guessing there are no legal machine shops left in your state :eek:

On the other hand, if a background check is required, it must be legal to sell 80% lowers that have been completed:rolleyes:

I'm guessing there are no legal machine shops left in your state :eek:

On the other hand, if a background check is required, it must be legal to sell 80% lowers that have been completed:rolleyes:
It's always been legal to sell a completed 80% with the detail of it was built for personal use, not resale.

Folks have been selling 0-80% completed firearms for decades.

It's always been legal to sell a completed 80% with the detail of it was built for personal use, not resale.

Folks have been selling 0-80% completed firearms for decades.
Where they are going with it that it seems they want to call 80% receivers complete receivers and require manufacturers to hold 07 ffls and serialize to be treated as regular receivers. My reading of the law is that it would be legal.

Where they are going with it that it seems they want to call 80% receivers complete receivers and require manufacturers to hold 07 ffls and serialize to be treated as regular receivers. My reading of the law is that it would be legal.
My point is it has always been legal to sell completed 80% receivers and guns. The "80%" thing has been around a lot longer than you realize.

The trick is, where do you draw the line, and how do they justify the place the line is drawn?

See also, the point behind the 0% receiver I posted.

$$$ Link

so from one to four is a 400% increase. without actual numbers the whole thing is meaningless.

Well I have a small question what about the millions of firearm made by major factories like Winchester that do not nor have they ever had serial numbers. My model 121 single shot .22 has no serial number. it was not a requirement prior to the 68 gun control act.

How much did Biden get accomplished between 2008-2010 when liberals had full control? Did he use any ex's give action to reclassify guns without congress 2010-2016? Nope

Of course he didn't use executive actions from 2008-2016; he was only the Vice President! Also, gun control simply wasn't on the national agenda in Obama's first couple years (healthcare and economic recession being the chief concerns).

Thankfully by the time the Second Amendment came back in the crosshairs, Republicans had taken back the House and the Supreme Court ruled favorably in the Heller case.

From 2010 till the end of Obama's presidency there was nothing they could do to further their gun control agenda!

I hate the ATF and completely disagreed with Donald Trump when he basically secured the ban on bump stocks; that being said, saying "...thanks to Donald Trump" in regard to Joe Biden's actions is a bit of an overreaction. Joe Biden would be attempting this regardless of whether or not Trump banned bump stocks.

Also, what Trump did, did not in any way set a legal precedent that would allow Joe Biden to literally reclassify actual firearms through Executive Orders. Of course this won't stop him from trying! Nonetheless, it makes no sense to deflect Biden's actions back to Trump.

I respectfully disagree with you. Kamala Harris laughed at Trump for the bump stock ban and she said in about May of 2019 (IIRC) that when she was elected president, if Congress didn't outlaw assault weapons, she would do what Trump did with bump stocks. Today she is telling the senile senior pretender in chief how to run the country.

Of course he didn't use executive actions from 2008-2016; he was only the Vice President! Also, gun control simply wasn't on the national agenda in Obama's first couple years (healthcare and economic recession being the chief concerns).

Thankfully by the time the Second Amendment came back in the crosshairs, Republicans had taken back the House and the Supreme Court ruled favorably in the Heller case.

From 2010 till the end of Obama's presidency there was nothing they could do to further their gun control agenda!

The high Court did not rule favorably for gun owners in the Heller decision. It was one of the worst blows to the Second Amendment ever delivered.

I respectfully disagree with you. Kamala Harris laughed at Trump for the bump stock ban and she said in about May of 2019 (IIRC) that when she was elected president, if Congress didn't outlaw assault weapons, she would do what Trump did with bump stocks. Today she is telling the senile senior pretender in chief how to run the country.

That's great; since when did politicians saying they will do something pass legal muster? Banning "assault rifles" with Executive Action is way different than banning a bump stock!

If you really think it is Trump's fault that Biden/Harris are pursuing unilateral action to attack the 2nd Amendment, go right on ahead! What does it change though? Trump is gone and Biden's actions are his own; time to move forward and focus on the real enemy!

The high Court did not rule favorably for gun owners in the Heller decision. It was one of the worst blows to the Second Amendment ever delivered.

I think you are cherry picking the component of this case where they upheld the ability to regulate firearms. That being said, would you like to paint a picture for us of what the 2nd Amendment would look like if they ruled the other way regarding an individual right to bear arms?

The bump stock ban is a temporary thing until they make an example of someone in Cort at which point they'll get their @sses handed to them. Same as 922r. It's a paper tiger. Not a lot the President's could do to ban anything with an eo short of a few further import restrictions and yeah, probably 80% receivers without an actual manufacturer paper trail.

Pretty sure pointing the finger at Trump for what JoHo is doing is the epitome of TDS.

Kind of a barn door sort of deal - even if Trump's previous actions were not the best for 2A, he is no longer in office.

Blaming Trump, be it warranted or not, is as effective a strategy for today as getting in a fist fight today but throwing punches at the guy you were arguing with last week.

Might make you feel better, but it is not helping a damn thing today!

Grow the F up!

That's great; since when did politicians saying they will do something pass legal muster? Banning "assault rifles" with Executive Action is way different than banning a bump stock!

If you really think it is Trump's fault that Biden/Harris are pursuing unilateral action to attack the 2nd Amendment, go right on ahead! What does it change though? Trump is gone and Biden's actions are his own; time to move forward and focus on the real enemy!

Trump isn't the only problem, but he set the pace.

I think you are cherry picking the component of this case where they upheld the ability to regulate firearms. That being said, would you like to paint a picture for us of what the 2nd Amendment would look like if they ruled the other way regarding an individual right to bear arms?

I'm not cherry picking anything. Those who think the case was a "win" are oblivious as to what the court said without coming out and saying it. They did that a couple of years later. The Right you had to Keep and Bear Arms PRIOR to Heller is not the same "right" you were left with afterward. Heller reduced the Right to a privilege. That's not cherry picking; it is a significant difference.

Pretty sure pointing the finger at Trump for what JoHo is doing is the epitome of TDS.

Kind of a barn door sort of deal - even if Trump's previous actions were not the best for 2A, he is no longer in office.

Blaming Trump, be it warranted or not, is as effective a strategy for today as getting in a fist fight today but throwing punches at the guy you were arguing with last week.

Might make you feel better, but it is not helping a damn thing today!

Grow the F up!

I don't know who you think you're addressing, but I probably have more experience at fighting gun control than any living human being in the United States. That's not bragging; that is simply a fact. If those who were spewing opinions would have an actual discussion they would figure out that maybe I'm bringing something to the table other than the typical B.S. you keep reading.

My intent is not to fret over Trump, but to explain why he and the Republican Party will not protect your Right to keep and bear Arms unless and until you learn something relative to your Rights that most of you have never considered. The explanation does not lend itself to casual reading and requires people to research and consider things that they didn't see earlier. The other guy I argued with was / is trolling people and does not support the Right to keep and bear Arms.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top