JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those that believe the Oregon background check is not a registration is living under a rock.

It asks for the following to be inputted into a government computer database.

Your name, address, date of birth, serial number, type of firearm, and manufacturer.

Oregon statute requires the OSP to retain the records of sale and background check for 5 years.
If you believe they actually delete it after that, I have a bridge that I want to sell you.

Oregon statute requires the OSP to retain the records of sale and background check for 5 years.
If you believe they actually delete it after that, I have a bridge that I want to sell you.
Yep. I've been saying that for years now.
I've seen how long it takes DMV and other government agencies, to purge records.
My brother was killed in a boating accident on SF Bay, back in '77. After his driver's license expired, it took DMV almost 9 years before they took his name out of the database.

I am currently fighting the OSP about a recurring background check delay and they adamantly refuse to make an effort in my behalf for something that happened to me in 1980.
They did an investigation of the 1980 class B misdemeanor over five years ago and back then they cleared it up in less then three days.
It's been over three months now and I've had to start an expungement of my record that occurred in Utah, which will take at least 10 to 12 weeks to clear up.
I call the OSP at least twice a week and all they do is waffle about how hard it is to get info from other states.
One hard nose women kept referring to my record as being a felony conviction and I keep reminding her that I wouldn't be in possession of a valid CHL and multiple form 1's and 4's if I was a felon.
I spent $25.00 to have Utah send me my 1980 criminal record, which I immediately faxed to the OSP and they still refuse to acknowledge that I'm not a felon.
My advice is to only deal with an FFL that will hand over your firearm to you after the three days are past the OSP's delay date.
Tigard Pawn 4 More is one of the good guys in this matter as they firmly believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Jbett, are any of your state legislators among the Good Guys?

Hell, even if not, if you can spin it without the gun angle maybe "OSP is wrongfully treating me as a felon" is a Civil Rights issue... easier to have friends in high places rain bricks from above than to push things up from below.

The other possibility, JB, is that you have a personal enemy in that office... like a reverse version of how the first thing the sperm donor did after separating from Mom was shack up with a gal in whatever state office records child-support obligations so as soon as the decree came down she'd intercept the paperwork and "nope, no CS on file here." After several rounds that changed to "nope, and we don't care because you obviously make too much and can take care of yourself. Be grateful YOU'RE not having to pay HIM alimony..."

I am currently fighting the OSP about a recurring background check delay and they adamantly refuse to make an effort in my behalf for something that happened to me in 1980.
They did an investigation of the 1980 class B misdemeanor over five years ago and back then they cleared it up in less then three days.
It's been over three months now and I've had to start an expungement of my record that occurred in Utah, which will take at least 10 to 12 weeks to clear up.
I call the OSP at least twice a week and all they do is waffle about how hard it is to get info from other states.
One hard nose women kept referring to my record as being a felony conviction and I keep reminding her that I wouldn't be in possession of a valid CHL and multiple form 1's and 4's if I was a felon.
I spent $25.00 to have Utah send me my 1980 criminal record, which I immediately faxed to the OSP and they still refuse to acknowledge that I'm not a felon.
My advice is to only deal with an FFL that will hand over your firearm to you after the three days are past the OSP's delay date.
Tigard Pawn 4 More is one of the good guys in this matter as they firmly believe in the 2nd Amendment.
Those guys are real buggers and won't even try and help a person out.
That's why so many bought guns from a private party, prior to Aug. 8, 2015. And some still do it anyway today, so they don't have to deal with the OSP.
The Democrat anti-gun folks in Salem tried their best to extend OSP's discretion for the 3 day period and didn't get it thru....they will keep trying ....and ....copy every Calif. law that they can.

And many in the Oregon legislature want to (and most likely will next session) close that "loophole" as well... making one wait indefinately until (if ever) a "proceed" is issued.
That's why I bought everything I needed last year......I'm set for life.

Those guys are real buggers and won't even try and help a person out.
That's why so many bought guns from a private party, prior to Aug. 8, 2015. And some still do it anyway today, so they don't have to deal with the OSP.
The Democrat anti-gun folks in Salem tried their best to extend OSP's discretion for the 3 day period and didn't get it thru....they will keep trying ....and ....copy every Calif. law that they can.
Unlimited power, no accountability, plentiful opportunities tolash out at personal and ideological foes with no recourse... I tell ya, guys, we're in the wrong business--we need to get into this "government" racket. :D

Unlimited power, no accountability, plentiful opportunities tolash out at personal and ideological foes with no recourse... I tell ya, guys, we're in the wrong business--we need to get into this "government" racket. :D
Sometimes even the cops are hamstrung.

Talked with a Capitol Police officer in Carson City, Nev. a couple years ago. He told me he was x-LAPD and didn't realize how many more guns he could buy when he moved to Nevada.
Even as a Calif. cop, there were certain guns he could not own, which were legal in Nev.
He said moving to Nev. was like going into a candy store.

If a huge majority of the population owns registered firearms, it is challenging for those lists to be as useful as the antis may believe they are. If I was one of small number of people on that registration list, I would be more worried. But, in July the Federal Background Check number was just over 2.1 million. Oregon's has gone up similarly. So, I suggest we all buy more! Take our friends to the store too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top