JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to let yall know to be cautious when trying to order reloading supplies from Bass pro/Cabelas. For the past couple weeks they've been showing items in stock and letting people order to their hearts content only to cancel their orders after a few days. It then takes a few days to wait for refunds. Not sure what's going on with their sites but it's causing a lot of people to have their money tied up for a week. I've talked to a few people who've had a grand or more tied up because of this. I've had this happen to me twice now and it sucks.

Can't feel bad for people that spend a couple grand on "Gun Stuff" so they can jack the price up 5-10 time to sell on various webs sites......:rolleyes: And gun Broker.

It's a bummer for decent folks though.

Can't feel bad for people that spend a couple grand on "Gun Stuff" so they can jack the price up 5-10 time to sell on various webs sites......:rolleyes: And gun Broker.

It's a bummer for decent folks though.

I agree to an extent. I only have like 150$ tied up and it's not going to hurt me financially but the fact they're charging customers money while having no stock is what's ridiculous.

I agree to an extent. I only have like 150$ tied up and it's not going to hurt me financially but the fact they're charging customers money while having no stock is what's ridiculous.

Agreed! I've just become jaded perusing our classifieds. I WAS doing it for a laugh, not so much anymore though.

How ever it turns out I don't think Cabela's would screw you out of your $$. So at least, you have that going for you.

They aren't charging your account and receiving any money. They are placing a hold on the funds. When the transaction completes they get paid.

If the transaction does not complete it's up to the bank to release the hold, and if it's taking days call the bank, not the vendor.

This is done everywhere. For instance, the next time you buy gas read the small placard by the card reader slot ... it does a good job concisely explaining the process.

Last Edited:
In this day and age it is possible to have inventory and then in the next second have it be all gone. Also card sales generally process at night so the funds are held so to speak but does that reduce inventory or does that happen when the items are pulled off of the shelf? Lastly if freight is ordered with the expectation that it will arrive in a timely manor it is possible to for them to say it's in-stock rather than it will be soon. Of course when the freight doesn't arrive as expected it's then marked as out of stock. As a system, myself included has gotten used to just in time ordering but with everything for whatever reason being held up Just in time doesn't mean right now.

They're often the very last place I buy from, even in person. I don't enjoy paying extra for poor customer service and I CERTAINLY wouldn't pay them that much online

And to only think, less than 5yrs ago "In stock" was not a normal thing shopping online. Amazon has taught us all well and it's now expected on every site.

Not saying this is a bad thing, I think it's good. But as someone who has made a living for 20yrs selling online, I have seen the evolution and "Amazon effect" of the past 5 yrs. I find it fascinating how quickly we humans adjust, then expect all to do the same. Since the firearm industry is very customer-focused they were some of the first to really grab on to live inventory.

Carry on. Random thoughts\ ;)

As per Cabbellas: I can join in too. I have used their credit card for the past few yrs for all personal expenses. But the rewards of spending only with them have become limited as I don't buy ammo, reloading supply, or guns from them now. (The last gun I bought from them I swear I would never go through that convoluted way over-processed, to process, process) Switching to a different card for cash rewards vs. spend with them rewards.

I was just visiting the Cabela's website. Routine primer/powder check. They show out of stock for mail order or in-store pickup but they show every darn thing as in stock at the Tulalip store. Which I know is fiction.

The Tigard Cabelas got in a load of powder last week. They had around a dozen types with most being single 1lb jugs. Even after using my 30% off gift cards from Fred Meyer's the powder was a little spendy but I was glad to get the types I did.

The Tigard Cabelas got in a load of powder last week. They had around a dozen types with most being single 1lb jugs. Even after using my 30% off gift cards from Fred Meyer's the powder was a little spendy but I was glad to get the types I did.
Thread jack, 30% off giftcards at freddies????

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top