JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Needle files for sure

Never buy cheap files, especially needle files. I spent about three hundred dollars on a VERY good set of Swiss files about twenty years ago, and still have them all in good shape. A handy tip, and forgive me if you already know, but files that you use for brass and those for ferrous metal apart and do not mix them up, or mistakenly use for for another.

tac

Sorry if I missed it but I haven't seen anyone suggest a few stones.
I use stones over a file on most gun stuff.

I also use a cheap Stanley punch set from Wal-mart that has taken many 1911's apart a few times.

Never buy cheap files, especially needle files. I spent about three hundred dollars on a VERY good set of Swiss files about twenty years ago, and still have them all in good shape. A handy tip, and forgive me if you already know, but files that you use for brass and those for ferrous metal apart and do not mix them up, or mistakenly use for for another.

tac

Agreed for home base tools but for a field kit the HFT kit works OK, just go easy on it. I do try to buy quality for any important item that is going to see hard use

Just spent well over 5 grand for an Italian bandsaw for the new biz, no comparison to the Asian stuff

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top