JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanna put a scope on a lever gun and would prefer a picatanny rail to mount the rings wherever I want for best eye relief. I start my quest with Warne and the only lever gun picatanny base they have is a 20MOA base....

Why would anyone put a 20MOA base on a lever gun?

Next up, I find a 0MOA picatanny base for my lever gun by EGW. What does the forum think of EGW Quality? Their base is only 30 bucks...

links for references:

Egw is an ok option and I have had decent luck with there stuff. For lever guns though I like some of Rangerpoint precision's stuff better

This is good to know, I will be looking thru their mounts it looks like they have some quality options specifically for Marlins. Thank you for sharing.

A 20 MOA base might be worth having if you want to shoot 30-30 beyond 400 yds.

But why?

Are lever guns even that precise to consider working with such a poor trajectory as a 3030?

Ive just never considered it, and ive even taken game with mine out to 200yds but think thats about the most id ever go.

My marlin guide gun has the Ranger point scope rail with the back up rear sight at the front of the rail like this. It is a pretty versatile system. The offset hammer extender allows you to keep scope low to bore where I like it.
BECDADD4-17A1-4155-B99E-221EE10E56D8.jpeg
416D8206-5B23-4F39-8EFB-9AD1E56D1B42.jpeg

@osprey im loving that guide gun. Nice setup.

Mines an old original JM Marlin 3030 with an equally old scope that finally broke. Im so dissapointed I didnt catch thus in time for hunting season. Ive bought a new scope already and searching for the best rings and base. Ill be looking into the Rangerpoint base.

I wanna put a scope on a lever gun and would prefer a picatanny rail to mount the rings wherever I want for best eye relief. I start my quest with Warne and the only lever gun picatanny base they have is a 20MOA base....

Why would anyone put a 20MOA base on a lever gun?

Next up, I find a 0MOA picatanny base for my lever gun by EGW. What does the forum think of EGW Quality? Their base is only 30 bucks...

links for references:

"Machined from solid steel in both standard and 20 MOA configurations"

Have you contacted Warne ?

I will look when I get home... I may have missed their configurations. If the Warne base has a 0MOA optiin I will buy that as id like to buy Warne rings, so everything will work together nicely.

Thanks for noting this.

I cant find a standard 0MOA picatinny base on Warnes website for a Marlin lever gun. I did send them a message about this though.

It still baffles me why anyone would want a 20MOA base on a Marlin 336 rifle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top