JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To compare this to a std. 45ACP load in a 5" barrel 1911 for self defense is a joke 7rds of 230gr slugs compared to any load that wouldn't just waste powder out the muzzle is not even worth discussing. Its a toy for people with more money then brains.
Chill dude! This whole discussion is an exercise in fun, and part of that is pointing out the absurdity .

I would love to shoot one. But the 50 ae version seems more fun IMO. Not going to buy it, but I would love to try one.
Sums up how I feel about them. If someone else bought one I would LOVE to be able to put a couple rounds through it. I don't normally even pay attention to the rentals at my range. Will have to see if one of these shows up there. If it does I will rent one to take a shot with. Wonder if they would sell the ammo by the round since I VERY much doubt I would want to burn up a whole box :D

Sums up how I feel about them. If someone else bought one I would LOVE to be able to put a couple rounds through it. I don't normally even pay attention to the rentals at my range. Will have to see if one of these shows up there. If it does I will rent one to take a shot with. Wonder if they would sell the ammo by the round since I VERY much doubt I would want to burn up a whole box :D
I have 2 guns in 50ae. Desert eagle and TC encore and 1400ish projectiles to reload. Some guns I own are just for fun.

Last Edited:
I have 2 guns in 50ae. Desert eagle and TC encore and 1400ish projectiles to reload. Some guns I own are just for fun.
The Desert Eagle would be a FUN damn gun to own! Now those I could see me shooting enough ammo in one outing to need to roll. These little cannons I suspect if I get to try one a few shots will hold me for good. :D
Not too long after the TC Contenders hit I got to shoot one in 30-30 Win that a guy had. That one even Wife got to try out and it was fun. It was so damn huge and the grips were made to really soak up that recoil.

The Desert Eagle would be a FUN damn gun to own! Now those I could see me shooting enough ammo in one outing to need to roll. These little cannons I suspect if I get to try one a few shots will hold me for good. :D
Not too long after the TC Contenders hit I got to shoot one in 30-30 Win that a guy had. That one even Wife got to try out and it was fun. It was so damn huge and the grips were made to really soak up that recoil.
I've shot the Deagle in .50 and while it's a handful, as long as you don't lock your wrists it's not that bad. It's a very strong push, but not a jarring impact. Kind of like how a .45 APC is more of a push, and a 10 MM is like a sharp punch. Only it's more like both of them at once. :D

But seriously, it's a lot less punishing than you might expect it to be. I'm no tough guy and I shot 5 in a row a few years ago. Would have shot more but it was not my ammo.

I've shot the Deagle in .50 and while it's a handful, as long as you don't lock your wrists it's not that bad. It's a very strong push, but not a jarring impact. Kind of like how a .45 APC is more of a push, and a 10 MM is like a sharp punch. Only it's more like both of them at once. :D

But seriously, it's a lot less punishing than you might expect it to be. I'm no tough guy and I shot 5 in a row a few years ago. Would have shot more but it was not my ammo.
More than 3 mags worth I feel in the shoulder.

I suspected as big and heavy as they are they would be the kind of fun I would need to roll ammo for as no doubt I would enjoy them. Those little derringer's in 45-70 are what I would love to try if someone else bought one or I could rent one. Be fun just to try it but I very much doubt I would be wanting to burn through boxes of ammo with that little cannon. :D
Hell the first LCP II I got that's in .380 was punishing. Wife bought it so I had to make sure it could be trusted. By the time I got to the 3d box of ammo it had my hand bleeding from the little sucker. After I knew I could trust it I just fire a mag or two now and then. Its fun for that much. Sure not something I burn a lot of ammo playing with. I for a short time had one of the early 5 shooter .357's. Damn thing felt like someone hitting your hand with a bat every time it fired. Small wood grips. I put some larger rubber on it and it tamed it a lot but still was NOT for me. Damn thing did throw and impressive fireball :D

I suspected as big and heavy as they are they would be the kind of fun I would need to roll ammo for as no doubt I would enjoy them. Those little derringer's in 45-70 are what I would love to try if someone else bought one or I could rent one. Be fun just to try it but I very much doubt I would be wanting to burn through boxes of ammo with that little cannon. :D
Hell the first LCP II I got that's in .380 was punishing. Wife bought it so I had to make sure it could be trusted. By the time I got to the 3d box of ammo it had my hand bleeding from the little sucker. After I knew I could trust it I just fire a mag or two now and then. Its fun for that much. Sure not something I burn a lot of ammo playing with. I for a short time had one of the early 5 shooter .357's. Damn thing felt like someone hitting your hand with a bat every time it fired. Small wood grips. I put some larger rubber on it and it tamed it a lot but still was NOT for me. Damn thing did throw and impressive fireball :D
The issue with the LCP (and the P3AT) and some derringers seems to be both the size and shape of the grips. Folks with large hands can't get a secure grip and it shifts in their hands during recoil and strikes the thumb or palm, where medium or small hands can grip it properly. I've seen this several times. You'd probably have great fun with the Deagle.

The issue with the LCP (and the P3AT) and some derringers seems to be both the size and shape of the grips. Folks with large hands can't get a secure grip and it shifts in their hands during recoil and strikes the thumb or palm, where medium or small hands can grip it properly. I've seen this several times. You'd probably have great fun with the Deagle.
Yep, my LCPII I can only get two fingers and the second one is barely on the grip. They are pushing what is possible in size and power with these. The great part is of course being able to actually forget its there. The trigger is SOOOO much nicer than the old long pull of the KT .380 it replaced. Did lose the ability to safely carry with no holster but to me the trigger was worth it. When they came out with these in .22 Wife LOVED it.
As for the Eagle I have no doubt it would be a ton of damn fun to play with. Still miss my last Mod 29. Even though I have never been a wheel gun guy I always liked those things. Often wish I had not parted with the one I had that was just a shooter. It was big and heavy so you knew you touched off a round but it was nothing if not a LOT of damn fun!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top