JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't believe any of this crap is going to happen but I am going to bite one time. If it did I will take what anyone has if given the chance. I will not barter or trade. I will just take........... I bit on this topic so I gave an answer. I been all over the country and thats what they do. If they have the ability to take from you thats what they do. Look at El Salvador and Columbia for example there are 2 people. Drug lords with all the money and power and the poor. There is nothing in between. Sucks doesn't it..........

Unfortunately,you are kinda right.
The have's and have not's
And there will be a lot of just takin' what you want.

The problem will be that there will be "gangs" or "organizations" right away. They will take what they can ,easily,at first.Then as they grow,they will take whatever they want.These will be the ones you will want to exterminate first.

Not from me , mind you

When it comes I'm ready. My neighbor doesn't believe in preparing, he simply hoards gold. He says when it happens he will come to me with his gold and buy what he needs. When he comes with his gold he will never leave and I'll have his gold.

Don't know if you are serious or not but that is a little creepy.

even after the shtf there will be good/good guys and there will be evil/bad guys, where ever they are there will also be justice, karma or judgement, which ever word you choose to use, it will meet you in this life or the next.

I'm going to run a bus service from the city up to those mountain man rendezvous where you guys gather to barter your ammo, tallow candles, squirrel pelts, and whatever. Stops on the way back will be Costco, BiMart, and Starbucks. Don't worry, it won't cost you any .22 cartridges or smokes or candles; I will only accept your "worthless" gold and silver for bus fares.

So why do I want gold? I can't eat it or use it to procure more food.

If you can't figure out how to convert gold to food, I feel very sorry for you.

Maybe you should pull your head out of that Mad Max scenario and take a good look at what's going on.

Possibility of a Mad Max scenario happening in the USA? 0.01%
Possibility of an Argentina dollar collapse scenario happening in the USA? 80+%. . .

Gold and silver will be quite useful if/when the economy collapses.
And don't assume that people with Gold/Silver don't also have food, seed, medicine, guns. ammo, water filters. . . . .

Basically we have all we will need to survive and even prosper for 18 to 24 months. We will NOT barter for anything and anyone who comes on our mountain with intent to remove anything of ours will fertilize our soil permanently. I don't give a damn if they're good guys or bad guys all dead guys are safe. We are armed and willing to go the "extra" distance. Survival means being alive and healthy when nobody else is.

Basically we have all we will need to survive and even prosper for 18 to 24 months. We will NOT barter for anything and anyone who comes on our mountain with intent to remove anything of ours will fertilize our soil permanently. I don't give a damn if they're good guys or bad guys all dead guys are safe. We are armed and willing to go the "extra" distance. Survival means being alive and healthy when nobody else is.

Well, most on this forum probably feel this way for the most part including myself, but you said in your first post "He says when it happens he will come to me with his gold and buy what he needs" which to me sounds of peaceful intent (good guys/good), and then you made your statement about "when he comes he will never leave" My statement was directed at this first post.

In this second post I don't think anybody would disagree with you or your intent to defend yourself, your family or whats yours if there was evil intent (bad guys/evil), but if your plan is just shooting everybody indiscriminently then either its hyperbole/bravado or you need your head examined. I understand being overly cautious and hopefully that is really the only point you are trying to make.

Barefoot ya gotta understand my situation.
We live on a quarter section (160 acres) on a mountain in southwest Oregon. Many miles to closest neighbor and my driveway onto the property is nearly a mile long. The terrain is very rough and near vertical, takes a four wheel drive to come to my property. Anyone who comes up the mountain uninvited is not delivering Christmas gifts. I'm a survivor, I survived Nam and the Watts Riots in LA and plan to survive anything thrown at us in the future. Yeah I'm paranoid and possibly sociopathic about this but can tell you from experience that a head shot beats negotiation every time.

Barefoot ya gotta understand my situation.
We live on a quarter section (160 acres) on a mountain in southwest Oregon. Many miles to closest neighbor and my driveway onto the property is nearly a mile long. The terrain is very rough and near vertical, takes a four wheel drive to come to my property. Anyone who comes up the mountain uninvited is not delivering Christmas gifts. I'm a survivor, I survived Nam and the Watts Riots in LA and plan to survive anything thrown at us in the future. Yeah I'm paranoid and possibly sociopathic about this but can tell you from experience that a head shot beats negotiation every time.

Ok, so you do need your head examined. Let me know what road you live on (kidding of course) so I don't drive anywhere near it.

By the way thank you for your service.

...Many miles to closest neighbor and my driveway onto the property is nearly a mile long. The terrain is very rough and near vertical, takes a four wheel drive to come to my property. Anyone who comes up the mountain uninvited is not delivering Christmas gifts.

That reminds me of Greenhorn, OR (except there are a few homes up there).

I'm always fascinated by the different plans, preps, and strategies on this board. So much really comes down to where you live. The one I just can't get in line with though is the urban/suburban person who thinks they are going to be successful grabbing some stuff and bugging out to the outback. In a crisis every location will have advantages and disadvantages. Even large population center will have certain advantages in crisis times (re-supply priority, medical, fire protection, focused efforts on security). It seems like the most logical move is to focus one's plans and efforts on weathering a crisis where they live currently; the place they are familiar with and understand.

Don't know if you are serious or not but that is a little creepy.

even after the shtf there will be good/good guys and there will be evil/bad guys, where ever they are there will also be justice, karma or judgement, which ever word you choose to use, it will meet you in this life or the next.

You are right Barefoot343, there will be justice! It may take time to catch up to the evil but it will come, and the good will never forget, just ask an old Nazi.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top