JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with any .22Lr supressors manufactured by barrows. From the little bit I know, I think they are aluminum, fixed(Cant break it apart to clean) and are manufactured in Cornelius OR. I'm thinking about making the jump in the supression world, but was currious about this supressor and and company. I like supporting local buisness, but for the 200 dollar tax stamp, and my name on "the mans" list, I'm thinking I should just stick with a main brand like gemtech, silencerco, etc. thoughts????

I wouldn't buy a 22LR suppressor that couldn't be disassembled for cleaning. Additionally, I would go the trust route rather than having to be fingerprinted, have a LEO sign off, and have my name on "the man's" list.

If your going to make that kind of investment: tax stamp, cost of the suppressor, finger print fees, etc. I wouldn't skimp on the silencer on the front end. Buy something that has good reviews and that will last you a life time. My personal favorite for .22 is the Sparrow.

.22s can get really dirty... if you can't take the can apart to clean out the lead/carbon deposits, it will, at some point, lose it's effectiveness.
Plus 1 on the Silencerco Sparrow... it's all stainless construction and unique design allows for easier and, if necessary, more aggressive cleaning methods.

Cheers,
C

thanks for the input guys. I'm leaning towards the sparrow, but just wanted to see if anyone was had any experience with Barrows. I think its awesome to support local buisness and am willing to if the quality is there. On a change of subject does anyone know why the spaarow supressor has the first round pop? From what I've seen on the first round pop is always there, but scary quiet thereafter.

cheers

On a change of subject does anyone know why the spaarow supressor has the first round pop?
FRP in a Sparrow is the combination of the size, design... and believe it or not, the amount of oxygen in the can.
Proof? Get a bottle of compressed helium and blow some into the can... forcing out oxygen, then shoot. No FRP.

Cheers,
C

On a change of subject does anyone know why the spaarow supressor has the first round pop? From what I've seen on the first round pop is always there, but scary quiet thereafter.

cheers

Like Creeper said, it's a function of the monocore design. It only affects pistols and is easily killed with a spritz of water from a nasal spray bottle. I have a Bowers 9mm can and can attest to the excellent customer service from Tom. For 22LR I would highly recommend the above mentioned SilCo Sparrow (have one) or the newly released SWR Spectre II. Both excellent cans.

Bowers does offer a user serviceable 22 can that you can also run 22mag and 5.7 ammo through. I have a Bowers Paradigm can and it is really nice but I got it a long time before the multi caliber 22 sized cans were available. No matter what brand you buy I would advise getting the one that works for the most calibers. Once you get a suppressor you will want to run it on as many guns as possible :)

I have a SWR Spector and love it. Very quiet.
I can not believe how dirty 22lr ammo is until i took mine apart to clean.
Im so glad i didn't buy a can that you cant take apart.
I don't see how they last long at all without being able to take apart to clean ..

Per what I've read on the Silencer forums, a can like the Sparrow 'reduces' the sound a bit w/ the 5.7 but not a whole lot. Not like it does with the .22lr. Which is fine I guess since in my case I'll still wear ear plugs anyway.

Just don't expect a lot of noise reduction with the 5.7 w/ 22 suppressors. If that is wrong, I'd like to know.

According to some other forums if you want to really quiet down the 5.7 in a pistol or PS90 you need an AAC M4-2000 or similar suppressor. Of course, you'll have the sonic crack also, but most of us are after quieting down the sound at the muzzle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top