JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there, I'm not new at all to guns or rifles except AR-15's. I was trying to choose between a Barret REC7 DI & Daniel Defense (don't remember which model) but the sales guy sold me on the Barret. Noveske was too much and I unfortunately paid way too much ($200) from a local dealer that wanted the same price for the Daniel Defense. Didn't bother researching the webs for another one before I bought it.

I haven't shot the Barret and could still buy the Daniel Defense but would really like to get some input from the experienced folks I know are on here. I know there are several models of Daniel Defense so this isn't a perfect comparison.

- Is Daniel Defense better or just certain models? Which ones? Or other companies?
- Any personal experiences with the Barret REC7 DI?
- I'm building one soon so this is just about "off the shelf" rifles for now.

Thanks ahead of time! :)

I was at the local gun store and the had a $600 dpms and a DD on the shelf for $1800? I believe.
Not a chance in heck I'd buy the DD.
Sounded just like the cheapo when I pulled the charging handle.
If I'm paying 1800 for a AR, I don't want to hear the charging handle.
OK, I'm reading for you "elites" to rass me:D

I paid $1700 for the Barret with the cheapest Magpul grip, $60 BC charging handle and a $70 trigger? Why? I learned a lot when Researching the parts. I should be able to have a nicer rifle for $1100. I ordered two lowers yesterday.

Hey there, I'm not new at all to guns or rifles except AR-15's. I was trying to choose between a Barret REC7 DI & Daniel Defense (don't remember which model) but the sales guy sold me on the Barret. Noveske was too much and I unfortunately paid way too much ($200) from a local dealer that wanted the same price for the Daniel Defense. Didn't bother researching the webs for another one before I bought it.

I haven't shot the Barret and could still buy the Daniel Defense but would really like to get some input from the experienced folks I know are on here. I know there are several models of Daniel Defense so this isn't a perfect comparison.

- Is Daniel Defense better or just certain models? Which ones? Or other companies?
- Any personal experiences with the Barret REC7 DI?
- I'm building one soon so this is just about "off the shelf" rifles for now.

Thanks ahead of time! :)
Either rifle is a good choice. I personally would go with the Barrett. However, a $600 AR would be just fine for what the majority of shooters will use the AR for. The more expensive rifles will get you some upgrades, better fit and finish and most notably a Barrett, LWRC, DD will continue to operate with little to no malfunctions at sustained rates of fire of 800-1000 rounds or more while a 600-900 rifle may blow the gas tube during heavy use of constant fire before a 1000 rounds.

Either rifle is a good choice. I personally would go with the Barrett. However, a $600 AR would be just fine for what the majority of shooters will use the AR for. The more expensive rifles will get you some upgrades, better fit and finish and most notably a Barrett, LWRC, DD will continue to operate with little to no malfunctions at sustained rates of fire of 800-1000 rounds or more while a 600-900 rifle may blow the gas tube during heavy use of constant fire before a 1000 rounds.

Yep, that's a VERY important detail when faced with mowing down the onrushing enemy human waves attempting to overrun your position….

BTW- this is a SIX YEAR necro-thread. :s0108:

Yep, that's a VERY important detail when faced with mowing down the onrushing enemy human waves attempting to overrun your position….

BTW- this is a SIX YEAR necro-thread. :s0108:
Brand new member, probably just getting used to the site. Welcome aboard @Warax5!

Also, for anyone looking at high-end ARs, try the CH on a SIG M400. It's smooth as silk and the gun cost less than the Barrett or the DD.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top