Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Barret REC7 DI vs. Daniel Defense

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Glock Jock, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

Hey there, I'm not new at all to guns or rifles except AR-15's. I was trying to choose between a Barret REC7 DI & Daniel Defense (don't remember which model) but the sales guy sold me on the Barret. Noveske was too much and I unfortunately paid way too much ($200) from a local dealer that wanted the same price for the Daniel Defense. Didn't bother researching the webs for another one before I bought it.

I haven't shot the Barret and could still buy the Daniel Defense but would really like to get some input from the experienced folks I know are on here. I know there are several models of Daniel Defense so this isn't a perfect comparison.

- Is Daniel Defense better or just certain models? Which ones? Or other companies?
    - Any personal experiences with the Barret REC7 DI?
    - I'm building one soon so this is just about "off the shelf" rifles for now.

Thanks ahead of time! :)

2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I really don't think you could go wrong either way.
    If it was me I would pick the Barrett, but I'd be happy to go home with either one.

Glock Jock likes this.
  3. Glock Jock

I got the Barret and now just want to build my own for less. :)

Joe13 and clearconscience like this.
  4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I was at the local gun store and the had a $600 dpms and a DD on the shelf for $1800? I believe.
    Not a chance in heck I'd buy the DD.
    Sounded just like the cheapo when I pulled the charging handle.
    If I'm paying 1800 for a AR, I don't want to hear the charging handle.
    OK, I'm reading for you "elites" to rass me:D

Glock Jock and Joe13 like this.
  5. Glock Jock

I paid $1700 for the Barret with the cheapest Magpul grip, $60 BC charging handle and a $70 trigger? Why? I learned a lot when Researching the parts. I should be able to have a nicer rifle for $1100. I ordered two lowers yesterday.