Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Barret REC7 DI vs. Daniel Defense

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Glock Jock, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

Hey there, I'm not new at all to guns or rifles except AR-15's. I was trying to choose between a Barret REC7 DI & Daniel Defense (don't remember which model) but the sales guy sold me on the Barret. Noveske was too much and I unfortunately paid way too much ($200) from a local dealer that wanted the same price for the Daniel Defense. Didn't bother researching the webs for another one before I bought it.

I haven't shot the Barret and could still buy the Daniel Defense but would really like to get some input from the experienced folks I know are on here. I know there are several models of Daniel Defense so this isn't a perfect comparison.

- Is Daniel Defense better or just certain models? Which ones? Or other companies?
    - Any personal experiences with the Barret REC7 DI?
    - I'm building one soon so this is just about "off the shelf" rifles for now.

Thanks ahead of time! :)

2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I really don't think you could go wrong either way.
    If it was me I would pick the Barrett, but I'd be happy to go home with either one.

Glock Jock likes this.
  3. Glock Jock

I got the Barret and now just want to build my own for less. :)

Joe13 and clearconscience like this.
  4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I was at the local gun store and the had a $600 dpms and a DD on the shelf for $1800? I believe.
    Not a chance in heck I'd buy the DD.
    Sounded just like the cheapo when I pulled the charging handle.
    If I'm paying 1800 for a AR, I don't want to hear the charging handle.
    OK, I'm reading for you "elites" to rass me:D

Glock Jock and Joe13 like this.
  5. Glock Jock

I paid $1700 for the Barret with the cheapest Magpul grip, $60 BC charging handle and a $70 trigger? Why? I learned a lot when Researching the parts. I should be able to have a nicer rifle for $1100. I ordered two lowers yesterday.