Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Barrels, containers and stuff

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by The Heretic, Sep 13, 2014.

1. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

I was looking for pallets on CL to put firewood on and noticed this place in Gresham:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bfd/4638408728.html

They seem to have a lot of different kinds of barrels.

Going to go by there today while out on errands, get some pallets, maybe an IBC tote frame (see how that works for storing firewood), maybe a barrel or two. I also noticed they seem to have stainless steel barrels.

I will try to remember to report back what I see, but seems worth checking out.

YMMV

Scrammer, IronMonster and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Didn't go. Got my main errand done and traffic was so bad in Tigard I turned around and came home. Just didn't feel like battling through the traffic all the way to Gresham today.

3. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Stainless steel barrels? I would like to have a couple of those!

Anyone in the Seattle area needs a 55 gal oil barrel let me know, I have maybe 20. I also have a pretty good extra supply of 55 gal blue plastic food grade barrels that had soy sauce in them.

4. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Stainless barrels make great BBQ's.

I use the 30gal barrels to store race gas, they're much easier to move than the 55's.

I have a few of the IBC totes I use for water storage when we do our big camp every year. Bring them in unloaded in the back of the pickup, and then drive the water truck out and fill 'em up. (usually go camping on a very large family ranch)