JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys-

I'm looking for recommendations for a barrel vise. I'll be using it primarily for holding AR barrels while I drill them for pinning and welding flash hiders. It may end up being used for other things but this will be it's primary duty.

Thanks!

the wheeler engineering barrel vises are the most cost effective, around $80 bucks .but if you are trying to undo a commercial bolt action it is almost impossible. or you could use the AR upper vise block in a standard vise. This block will protect the rifle and allow you to use a drill press as long as the bed is big enough. or you could use aluminum blocks and put it in a drill press vise. many options.

I already have an upper receiver block, I just need a good vise to clamp down to my drill press table to hold the barrel perfect while I drill. Don't have any intention to build bolt guns at this point.

I have done a few of my own already using my aluminum soft jaws in my drill press vise. After having seen some nasty mig welded, ground arcs on the barrel abortions that gunsmiths are charging good money for I decided to tool up properly and offer my TIG welding services to local folks :).

Haha it's alright at least I'm not in here talking to myself anymore.

Yeah I'm not a gunsmith, but after I saw a couple of the pin/weld jobs some friends had done and hearing that there's a pretty hefty local backlog waiting to have crappy work done I figured I'd better jump on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top